WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Here is a couple of pictures from this past weekends Southern Kentucky Bushcrafter Meetup at Rockcastle Campground near the head waters of Lake Cumberland. I hope to get some of these fellows herded over here to the forum!

Bushcraft_Campout_2.jpg.53ca506c98a6ed9bcba9b37804c52cda.jpg

Bushcraft_Campout_1.jpg.edc78a9a276f1c58085c3d12d088c5a3.jpg

Bushcraft_Dinner.thumb.jpg.8b51dca881ce79fc0b6501474e484223.jpg

My_Camp.thumb.jpg.2eb5c99b75fdc050c22b55f7f91afc2e.jpg

Not much smilin those guys look serious.  :hugegrin:  Great weather here one more day after another that isnt snow.  :thumbup:

Good afternoon! Warm and sunny here today. Has been for the last several days. Forest Fires are burning everywhere. Sadly most have been started intentionally. Log on the fire for now!

Rained this morning pretty hard but this evening it poured. All of the rain gutters are full of leaves so Im afraid to look in the basement. Floor drain down there however. The pond should be full just in time for winter with fresh water. That should carry over for the fish I hope. Heavy snow on the ice can kill them if it stays a long time. I think sitting out in the sun room watching it rain or snow makes it all worth while. Waiting and worrying for the last blood test for Sharen. Some cells showed up that shouldnt be there.  happy100.gif

Good afternoon! The National Guard sent in their helicopters to drop water on all the forest fires plus we got a little rain last night. Looks like most of them are out for now anyway. It was looking pretty bad there for a while. Little on the cool side today. Definitely feels more like you would expect November to feel. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

It starts to smell like fall here now. The bucks arent checking their scrapes right now. 

Good morning! Well I finally got my first load of wood here for my cabin. I have been getting things together and will be starting on the floor today. I am planning to build it in stages. Of course I will start with the floor. Then once it is complete I will order my 2x4's for the walls which will be the second stage.Roof trusses will be the third stage. With any luck I will have it competed by spring. I am thinking I will start a thread here on the website showing my progress. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

I got a phone call from my doctors nurse yesterday. She said they have been trying to get hold of me. (funny I didnt get it) they found results of a blood test my doctor ordered back in June I took July first. My doctor found results from some where that had my blood sugar WAY out of balance so he put me on diabetic medicine metformin that made me sick for two months now. Well funny thing my results from July showed a bit high on blood sugar but not high enough for medication. Sorry about that but we forgot to enter your results in the computer. ha ha ha!  :ranting: I dont have diabetes after all.  angry043.gif  SORRY???!!!

Im not taking any more till my new doctor comes up with a diet and a tester to check my blood sugar.

I got a phone call from my doctors nurse yesterday. She said they have been trying to get hold of me. (funny I didnt get it) they found results of a blood test my doctor ordered back in June I took July first. My doctor found results from some where that had my blood sugar WAY out of balance so he put me on diabetic medicine metformin that made me sick for two months now. Well funny thing my results from July showed a bit high on blood sugar but not high enough for medication. Sorry about that but we forgot to enter your results in the computer. ha ha ha!  :ranting: I dont have diabetes after all.  angry043.gif  SORRY???!!!

I decided long ago that I was responsible for my health care.  I will go to my doctor, but I will ask them to explain everything they are doing, why they are doing it, what they hope to accomplish, what are the possible side effects, etc. They don't like this, but I have been fed way too much bullshit by doctors and lawyers. If they know what they are doing, they should be able to explain this to me.  If not, see ya.

I decided long ago that I was responsible for my health care.  I will go to my doctor, but I will ask them to explain everything they are doing, why they are doing it, what they hope to accomplish, what are the possible side effects, etc. They don't like this, but I have been fed way too much bullshit by doctors and lawyers. If they know what they are doing, they should be able to explain this to me.  If not, see ya.

my thoughts exactly OFG

Good morning! Worked most of the day yesterday on the floor of my cabin. I have started a thread in the shelters section about the build. It will be slow going, because i am building it in stages, but hopefully I will have it completed by spring. We had a pretty good frost this morning. Wild fires are still burning. We just didn't have enough rain to put them out completely. The national guard is still using their  helicopters to help fight them. Sounds like a war zone around here right now. Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Good morning! Chilly here this morning. Stepped outside to start the truck and the smell of smoke is strong in the air. We need rain desperately. Log on the fire for now. Good day!

Nice weather here lots of sun shine. Were waiting for a call from the cancer center to start a new series of radiation. Im so pissed at my doctor and his nurses who FORGOT to put blood teat results in the computer. Twice thats happened. The doctors are over loaded trying to see more customers that mistakes has become rampant.