WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Thanks App I hope you to also had a great family day. Not bad weather for this time of year. I see Kentucky might be getting some much needed rain.

I did have a good day Swede. Thank you!  It has been real nice here too, sunny and warm.  Well I can see the sun between the smoke that has been blowing around.

We are dry too and there are wildfires all around me. The firefighters are doing a great job containing them. The work they do is under appreciated.

I hope everyone is having a great day.               

i got my Amateur Radio License yesterday!!!

VE3ASA is me, maybe i will skip a band your way.

Very Cool Falco! I had no idea you were a ham Doc! I have been licensed since 1984. My call is N4QBE! Congrats Falco!

Yep, My primary MOS in the Army was radio communications, but I let it slide after I got out.  A buddy who is a major ham guy (Used to teach radio at Fort Gordon where I did my AIT) talked me into getting back into it along with another guy from my unit who lives in IL and stayed with comms and retired out of the military.  So about 6 years ago I went in and took the test and got my Tech license, (may go for general some day if I ever get the time to study) 

KD0KYI,  I only have a cheap Baofeng right now.  Programmed to the local emergency freq's mostly for scanning and the SAR/CERT freqs, but the team is down due to no funding/insurance and has been for more than 3 years now, so effectively, we no longer have an active SAR/CERT team, just strictly ICS Certified volunteers on phone/radio call.  I picked up a 4 pack of 16 channel radios for my son to use for a school project, (Had to program them down to just the FRS freq's to keep it legal for him to use).  Now that I have them back, I'll reprogram them to the emergency freq's and the SAR/CERT freq so there are extras for volunteers during emergencies.

I'll reprogram the radio with the repeater freq's one of these days and we can give it a shot some time.  Would be good practice to bounce off the repeaters.  Until then, I'm hoping to get some time to play with the echolink software while I'm in my office.  Now if only I can find the time, "Time", what the heck is that!!  LOL

The wind blew and shit flew here last night. Rain came down in sheets. A few more degrees colder and snow would be waist deep. 30+ wind gusts all night.    :help:

Good afternoon,

Very windy here right now too. No rain as of yet, but it is expected later tonight. Forest fire condition are at an all time high.

The smell and  gray haze of smoke is heavy in the air. We really need a long spell of rain!

Good morning, Pouring the rain here this morning! Thank god! Maybe this will put an end to the wildfires! I can't begin to tell you how bad it has been here this fall. Log on the fire for now! Good Day!

ive got me a couple of china special hand helds.

they are good in town,  but im looking at a 10 and 20m mobile rig

ive got me a couple of china special hand helds.

they are good in town,  but im looking at a 10 and 20m mobile rig

20 meters should be a pretty good band to work right now, but due to the sun spot cycles 10 may not be in the best shape for a while to come. We the sun spot cycle is on the up swing 10 meter can be a lot of fun.

Good morning, Another hard freeze this morning, seems after the hard rains we had day before yesterday about all the fires in my area are now out! Log on the fire for now! Good day!

Good news KW. Its been cold and cloudy for days here. Im worried about next week when their calling for rain/snow/freezing rain stuff.  :'(