WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Man it's freaking cold here today! 13 degrees when I got to work this morning! I wouldn't mind cold weather near as bad if it didn't hurt so bad. lol I used to live outside in the winter when I was younger and loved every second of it, but the heat would suck all the life out of me. Now its completely the opposite cold just plain hurts, but I prosper in the hottest of weather. What is it about getting older that make it harder for our bodies to handle cold temps. You would think it would be just the opposite.(other than the arthritis thing) lol

I have been wanting a true canvas wall tent (not the big military style). Does any of our forum members have one they would like to sell at a reasonable price or maybe even work out some kind of trade? I would really like to find one of the old Boy Scout Explorer or miners tents, but that may be impossible nowadays.

No tents KW.  Warm up for a few days. Im going to take my john boat over to the pond today.

Finally going to be somewhat nice here the next couple of days.  Sun is out and it is about 25, plus the wind has let up.  Might be tolerable to go out for a walk today.

I got the john boat over at the pond I hope enough ice melts today to go fishing.Im waiting for the new seats for my jeep. I bought another small tractor yesterday. Ford 9N. My mechanic will go get it and get it running. Its been sitting for awhile.

I got the john boat over at the pond I hope enough ice melts today to go fishing.Im waiting for the new seats for my jeep. I bought another small tractor yesterday. Ford 9N. My mechanic will go get it and get it running. Its been sitting for awhile.

A great little tractor, Swede. We had a Ford 2000 (new version of the 8N) when I was growing up.  For it's size, a really powerful little tractor.  I would hate to think how many hours I spent on that one using a sicle mower.

Thanks Fat Guy I spent many hours on our 861 ford tractor pulling a three bottom plow. We had fish for supper last night from our pond. Its 50 here right now but a cold front is supposed to blow in later today and bring 30 mph wind gusts and snow. Thousands of snow geese have been coming over heading west.

Snowing here now and the ground is turning white. Super cold tonight by near 60 later on this week.

About the same here with wind chills well below zero.  Sunshine and supposed to be up to the 50's tomorrow. Variety is a good thing.

The wind was bad here last night. Then we had some pretty rough thunderstorms around 8pm and then by 2am this morning  we had  snow. Roads was in pretty rough shape leaving work this morning. The facility I work at is on top of one of the highest mountains in that area so there was quite a bit of snow and ice leaving work this morning. Suppose to in the mid 50 tomorrow though. More like March than early February.

sun here too but very windy  scared011.gif  walked to the store to get taz's favorite food  :) might lose power but I have my survival stuf so I will be ok  :thumbsup:

Mid 60's on Wednesday. I woke up yesterday to rain. Then snow. Then the snow melted and the sun came out. Then the winds picked up. The we had cheesesteaks in Wildwood. Now it's 23 degrees plus windchill.