WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

sounds like a good plan swede  :thumbup: hey you can have the rain here  :yes: it's cold and grey and rainy so far we had about a week of spring altogether  :'(

Its getting hot around here and Im thinking of firing up air condition. Hard to sleep last night even with cool breeze blowing through the window. I found a five foot finish mower for sale to put on one of my new tractors to save wear and tear on my zero turn cub cadet.

I put our window air conditioner in the sun room yesterday it was just too hot to sleep. We got some rain this morning enough to give my sweetcorn patch a drink. The Amish are coming today to put metal on our roof.

My garden is looking pretty good right now. I also got some cuttings from a comfry plant from a friend of mine in Vermont this past week and they are already starting to sprout. Comfry is suppose to be really good for joint pain and healing broken bones. Once It bushes out really well I am going to try my hand at making comfry salve. 

The Amish took my internet dish off the roof to put metal roofing down and we just now got it realigned.  :glare: :glare:

Good evening everyone! Hopefully will get to work on the cabin some tomorrow morning and maybe river fish some tomorrow afternoon. I have been told of new location I would really like to try.

Back swirls of current when the water is cold. Fish along the break in the current for cat fish. In warm water fish under the bubbles that float that is the main current that is why they call them channel cat fish. Cold rain today but at least my sweet corn patch got a good drink.

Today was pretty much a total bust. Stormed most of the day. Sun finally did come out, but everything is still wet and soggy and the creeks and rivers are up from all the rain. Just wasn't meant to be today I guess. Still got two days left of this long weekend and I am in desperate need to get away and do something. I went from traveling all the time the last several years to not going anywhere other than here at the house or our place at the lake in the last year and half. I am really feeling the need to get away somewhere and see some new dirt. It's hard on a rambler when he doesn't get to ramble.

Arent you working any where Chris?  Lots of rain this morning. That should be more then enough to sprout my sweet corn.

Arent you working any where Chris?  Lots of rain this morning. That should be more then enough to sprout my sweet corn.

Yeah I am working, but there is no travel involved at all with this job. I am pretty much here in the county all the time now. My wife travels all over the US and I am stuck right here in a 20 mile radius of the house most all the time nowadays. Shoot we haven't even taken a vacation in nearly 2 years now. I love our home and farm, but I definitely need a short change of scenery right now. lol

Mo mowing today and were caught up. Im going to try to get my cycle mower on the 52-10 John Deere today. It can be dangerous  :o  Down right cold again today.

Hey kids,

I did a 28 mile bike ride on Thursday. Space Ace and I are still working on his plane. It's coming together slowly. Then his parents are getting divorced. Mom's lap top died in a puff of smoke last night so this morning I am buying her a new lap top. Drama, drama, drama.

Divorced? No wonder shes with you most of the time.  :P  Big day yesterday birthday for our Marine.

cody2.jpg.c37e1252209118e46888a1d6fbba3504.jpg

Ive been dreading hooking on to my cycle mower its a bitch sometimes but the weeds are getting out of control along our lane and around the pond. So I guess today is the day.  :'(

warm today 69 here  8| went grocery shopping and my little cart broke :curse: so I had to carry my grocery's to the bus stop and back home  censored.gif then my cart fell on the ground and now it opens again just when I got home  :ranting:

I had to call bottom dweller Dave to come up and help me hook up the mower but I got the weeds mowed on the pond dam and the road side and around the pond. It looks great. Cold rain today again this is the coldest spring I can remember.