WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good evening! Got my garden hoed this evening. It is looking pretty good so far. Potatoes, corn, and beans are all looking great! The tomato plants seem to have a blight right now. I suspect it is from way too much rain.

This cool weather is really slowing our sweet corn patch down. Ive talked to others and their having the same problem. Were all caught up on mowing right now and it looks like the grass is slowing down. Were planing on a group camp fire with some friends soon. I used my tractor and loader to move the massive fire wood pile to dry it out and mow the tall grass that had grown up around it.

We stopped at an Amish store a few miles from here and bought plenty of home made maple syrup for farmaggeon breakfasts.

syrup.jpg.9f42efedf1238461ad2b8b2698b2d43d.jpg

70's here. I'm trying to get things wrapped up at work so i can go to North Carolina in Saturday. Space Ace and I are building an RC plane one component at a time.

sounds wonderful muddy are you going camping  :thumbup: can't wait for the maple syrup swede we can have it with muddy's sexy pancakes  ::pbjt:: I will be good on the train and not eat things I know will give me a crohns attack  8|

Nice weather here today! Finally a day with no rain! We haven't had that happen in while now. Headed to Huntersville, NC on Saturday to run in the Warrior Dash with my wife, daughter, and son. Should be a good time! I really need to get back to work on the cabin after this weekend. It has come a long way, but still lacks a lot to be finished on the outside.

Thank god its Friday  :P  I think Im going to get a camp fire going tonight. The gnats are really bad but they dont attack at night. Mosquito's are terrible down in the bottom lands around here because of all the water standing around. I havent even gone down there for weeks. A young nervous doe has been wandering around here for weeks and I knew she had a fawn in the woods by the lodge. Yesterday the farmer doing my cousins field mowed the lane by the woods so last evening here she came by our house with her tiny fawn in tow. She didnt like all the noise from the mowing I guess. That little fawn was the smallest Ive ever seen. The little guy was doing a great job of keeping up with his mother.

sounds wonderful muddy are you going camping  :thumbup: can't wait for the maple syrup swede we can have it with muddy's sexy pancakes  ::pbjt:: I will be good on the train and not eat things I know will give me a crohns attack  8|

The three of us have a place we rent on the bay.

oh muddy that sounds wonderful have a great time  :grin: ok got paperwork done to move to my new place  gen165.gif moving on the 30th

Lots of sun today. Im waiting for some squirt bottles to put fertilizer on my sweet corn to get them growing. I didnt put any on my patch before I planted it so Im going to put miracle grow on each plant.

I got the motor running on Ace's RC plane last night. Thank you, God. Now we have to get it off the ground.  :hugegrin:

Take off voluntary landing mandatory Pete  :P  Muggy today I fired up our other air conditioner this morning. Mowed some yesterday but that was it my blood sugar is way too high. I have to get that down. 

Very hot for today but good temps for the rest of the week with no rain. Its getting pretty dry. We have two air conditioners running now.

Theres been some changes to the administration and a new data backup has been purchased. Im watching to see if the back ups are going to work we have a large amount of data. We really need to go through the pages and delete whole posts where weve lost pictures to eliminate a lot of data usage but thats my problem.  :blush:

ok cause I wouldn't know how to do that  wacky078.gif guess what I was walking from fred meyers and waiting to cross the street and a guy came up to me and said if I remember him he was from the train ride it took to chicogo we huged  8|

Rained here most of the day. Things have slowed waaaay down at work. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see major layoffs in the future. This is starting to get old I must say. I have actually started looking into the possibility of going back to school to obtain my degree in Respiratory Care. One of the few things in life that is still guaranteed. People will get sick.

Its tough for people out there Chris my grand kids fight daily trying to make enough money to survive. The three of them actually are home less they have to depend on friends for a place to live. Rent is way too high unless your making over ten dollars an hour and then owning a car thats not enough.

Im at a cross road wondering about closing this web site. It does cost money and requires time checking on things in the administration section. Right now I have no way of helping some one with his password. Something changed and Ive lost that ability. I have successfully installed a larger data backup to protect the site from crashing and no way to get it back Ive been talking to hostgator the hosting site about marketing to increase traffic other then spam bots. We still average around seven thousand page views daily mostly bots but their search engine bots getting information for web searches like microsoft, google and bing. Thats good. We could possibly be one of the largest information data on the internet. We currently have 72 thousand gigga bites of data available to the public. I am trying to ask Les what he thinks but Ive lost all contact with Wendy. I dont know what happened to her she is no longer on facebook.

What password issue are you having trouble resolving?  I can see whats up with that.

I still have a DB backup running nightly for the site, so no matter what the content will always be safe.  (It's not the full backup that hostgator has, so their backup will allow the site to be restored more quickly without jumping through the SMS hoops).

I would be willing to throw some money at the site to help cover the hosting.  If we could take up donations, I bet we could defer the cost pretty reasonably. 

Doc