WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Good evening everyone! It's been a warm sunny day here in Southeastern Kentucky. I got the oil changed in my truck and picked up a load of lumber so I can get back to building my off grid cabin. I am so close, but yet so far from having the outside finished. Once it is completely dried in, I honestly see it being an ongoing project. So it won't matter about the pace i work at then.

Nosing around I found this==Removed "KentuckyWoodsman" from the "Moderator Admin" group"  ??? I have no idea that happened if it was it was a mistake. I cleared out some names from members that are gone forever but I dont remember seeing Chris's name. Let me know  if that happened Chris.  :help:

Nosing around I found this==Removed "KentuckyWoodsman" from the "Moderator Admin" group"  ??? I have no idea that happened if it was it was a mistake. I cleared out some names from members that are gone forever but I dont remember seeing Chris's name. Let me know  if that happened Chris.  :help:

The change to your profile happened June 7 the admin log shows I changed your status from admin. I dont remember doing any thing like that and I dont remember you having an admin status let me know if you noticed any change.....hold the press  after I posted this reply it does show me as an Administrator again.

The change to your profile happened June 7 the admin log shows I changed your status from admin. I dont remember doing any thing like that and I dont remember you having an admin status let me know if you noticed any change

Hey Swede, you had made me a moderator/administrator a couple of years ago, but it doesn't show me as one now. I hadn't said anything because I knew you said you had been doing some changing around on the forum and just thought that was part of the changes.

Hey Swede, you had made me a moderator/administrator a couple of years ago, but it doesn't show me as one now. I hadn't said anything because I knew you said you had been doing some changing around on the forum and just thought that was part of the changes.

After I posted this I noticed that it is showing me as an administrator again.

I have no idea how that happened and I wouldnt even know it if I hadnt seen it in the administrators log. Were good to go I hope.  :thumbup:

Thats good news SGH and it looks like your enjoying being busy and making a pay check good for you.

Making better money now then I was at the warehouse and I'm getting to know most of the Chicago metro area quite well

I'm just glad to be back to truck driving

My grandson is truck drivin SGH and hes on the Chicago run also. Some fog here this morning.

Hot here. Stone Harbor did the fireworks last night. I'm listening to the audiobook for Stephen Kings The stand. It's interesting to follow the geography as the characters on the east coast move west towards Boulder. 

Ill be going through back pages and removing pictures that have become out dated and dont show any more and looking for unnecessary posts and files that are using up disk space. To upgrade to a larger disk space will cost over $1700 for three months. I have increased larger capacity back up to our data that has driven up costs by hundreds a year. Since interest in this forum has been lost and only daily visitors show up and gather free information it has become too costly to keep this web site open. We will be looking for things that can go for now.Doc has been doing back ups so Im going to cancel hostgators back up. If we crash we will lose data but so be it.

I checked hostgator billing and the added costs have been paid for a year so that expense has been taken care of. Any admin or any one with access can go trough the pages looking for stuff that can go.

I checked hostgator billing and the added costs have been paid for a year so that expense has been taken care of. Any admin or any one with access can go trough the pages looking for stuff that can go.

I will be on the hunt later this evening

Files in home directory. 15,827.81 MB

Files in hidden subdirectories. 8,378.05 MB

access-logs/ 0.00 MB

cache/ 0.20 MB

cmd/ 0.02 MB

etc/ 0.14 MB

fantastico_backups/ 0.00 MB

logs/ 7.04 MB

mail/ 74.64 MB

perl5/ 0.02 MB

public_ftp/ 0.01 MB

public_html/ 16,618.48 MB

ruby/ 0.67 MB

sql-dumps/ 1,598.02 MB

ssl/ 0.01 MB

tmp/ 240.27 MB

www/ 0.00 MB

MySQL 1,592.22 MB

Mailing Lists 0.00 MB

44,337.60 MB total disk space used.

999,999.00 MB quota limit (42,728.31 MB used).

I believe Ive got this forum safe for a time after deleting many pages of old stuff that doesnt relate to survival. Web sites like this one have gone out of style with facebook and twitter as far as member participation but is still valuable to those who love the out doors, camping and hiking. I have no problem in thinking its very possible we have helped people with information to keep them safe and possibly saved a life or two along the way. I will be 73 this month and my camping hiking days are over but I will always be at home in the out of doors. Sharen and I have really enjoyed members showing up for a get together and making my time and expense worth while. We look forward to this fall for one more time get together with our cyber friends. I will be trying to straightening out the changed boards.

You may notice boards that are gone and a new look to the pages. Ive lowered our disk usage to allow some new topics and boards. Im looking for some suggestions.

Im thinking about allowing guests to post in the camp fire thread. I think its possible.