WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Look who is here Machine!  Welcome back were trying something new  scared011.gif

This group called Wild Survive has been gathered from former wildsurvive.com forum members and facebook members and is a very successful wilderness and urban survival based forum started by Les Stroud years ago and continues to this day. Millions of guests have passed through the forum over the years searching for information about survival techniques that are covered in the pages. Although interest has faded away we still get many guests daily.Our new private host Dave Johnson has some interesting ideas to bring this forum back to life. It may work or it will slowly fade away into cyber history Our new goal is to provide life saving information to help people find their way safely back home. Every year people hike out into our National Parks and are never seen again.

A hello to all the forum members that I haven't seen for a while.  Tess and I spent all day in the woods building up our little bushcraft camping area.  Got the bed/sitting area done.  Redid the fire area to make it bigger and better.

Our woods is about 10 acres and maybe 25 % ash trees.  We've been logging them out for firewood and building this bushcraft camping area.

Yeah still got a lot to add. Mobile layout is now responsive. Makes it easy for people to use. We have SSL only site now, which helps with Google's new ranking system and keeps everything encrypted for our users.  We have friendly urls. Again helps with search engines. 

One quick question, I can't seem to find customization for color scheme.  All this white is very hard to read on a large display.  I tend to use darker colors with more contrast.  We had some themes under the previous site, is there anything similar under this new software?

Thanks

Yeah. I think I need to start updating a few things.... I think the first thing would be to post an update to my EDC. I also got some cool things for a trip I'm going on in a few weeks. Some would be good to do a review on for a car survival item. 

These pictures are from John Watson and his son Ronin saving Sycamore trees on our farm buried in corn stalks from a flood now called Watsons Grove

razortrip012.jpg

Watsons Grove.jpg

I recently made the mistake of identifying a Wolf on our farm that turned out to be a Coyote. First picture Wolf second picture Coyote no problem.

images (2).jpg

images (1).jpg

A new member of wildlife to Illinois is the Bald Eagle normally nesting in Canada and Alaska has started nesting in Illinois along the Mississippi river and some other places like near a fish hatcheries. 

DSCN2168.JPG

• Like 1

Its a Nikon Coolpix  P80  18x  digital  Optical zoom I hold the camera  lens right on the glass window to help steady it. That hole next to the Eagle is my salt lick for the deer. Some thing probably coons drug the coyote down there.