WildSurvive Forum

You've hiked in to your campsite. Now youve set up your shelter and have a cooking fire going, but its still a while until mealtime.

What do you do until then?

Sit me ass down, drink a cup of coffee and watch the fire contemplating how lucky i am to be able to enjoy such wonderful places

Taken and I opened up our bottle of Biltmore wine and toasted our successful day, toasted all of you here, and toasted our first meeting face to face.  :cheers:

I think Holly and i have said the same thing and is age appropriate, we said we appreciate good company, friends and the environment, i am sure you feel the same although you might not actually say it to your mates.

The best part is to put your feet up in your camp chair, look up at the stars, and just talk quietly with your friends.  Taken and I enjoyed that most of all. :yes: 

Guest taken by the wind...

Yes, but wine really isnt my forte.

~ Well what kind of kid says "forte" ? Are you SURE you don't drink wine? LOL! happy097.gif

Do what my friends and I used to do way back when we were 12. Pour yourselves a glass of gingerale, or coke, or apple juice into a plastic champaigne glass, and have yourselves a toast! :cheers: :clap: It's FUN. It doesn't have to be alcoholic to be a toast. It's a celebration of a day well spent. :thumbsup: YOu could even use hot chocolate! :yes:

Don't be so quick to judge an idea. You missed the point.

~ but if you use wine, you can always play spin the bottle afterwards.... :P :whistle:

providing it doesn't point to Jim. :scared:

Holly and I got bored with just kissing each other. So I would recommend having more than two in the game. :woot: :rofl: happy097.gif

(Y'all know I'm teasing right?)

~ Ok....   well let's keep this thread legato shall we.  cool14.gif

You could also play cards... or some other game.  :cool:

Forte cause I play piano, and forte means front, or loud.

~ I think that forte is a homonym for forte.  :hugegrin:  The music one is not the one you meant in your sentence...  :whistle:  You meant the forte that means your "thing" or what you are good at or what you like.  :yes:

I think...  :blink:

I dont know how people play with those MINISCULE decks of cards that are like 1x1 1/4 "!!!

~ Have you ever seen that little game (it's electronic) called 20 questions? It's great! You think of something, and that little gadget asks you questions (yes or no) and it will guess what you are thinking about in 20 questions. It's amazing.  :thumbsup:  LOTS of fun! That would be fun to take on a camping trip, or anywhere. it's not even as big as a tennis ball.

~ My kids favorite thing to do is to talk. They LOVE when we all get together, with NO T.V. around and we just talk. They love to hear all my school stories... (I have some funny ones) and then they tell their stories. It's the best time of all.  :thumbup:

I think campfires are for talking, and sharing stories.

I have one of those, but it gets kind of boring, cause I beat it 3 out of 5 times.

Wow! You must be thinking of some really off the wall stuff! LOL!

~ I tell old school day stories..... Like, there used to be this girl who was SO mean ..... in third grade. She beat everyone up ALL the time. She had the most perfect capitol F-shaped scar on her forhead, and the kids used to call her failure face! :scared:

She used to sit right beside me in class. She was all the time chewing on the end of her pencil and looking mean. One day, she got sick... anyhow, she puked all over her desk! And it was nothing but a bunch of cheerios and pencils! scared011.gif Like a three inch peice of pencil, a one inch piece, shavings 8| and some pencil erasers (even the metal part)! and a whole bunch of smaller pencil peices! Who KNEW she had eaten so many pencils! :woot:

(my kids will spew their cokes when I tell that story.) cool14.gif

~ Then we go off on a tangent about the poor Maintenence Man/custodial guy in shcools during flu season. YOu know they Hate flu season with a passion! When I was a kid they had this sawdust stuff they'd just pour on the puke, and scoop it up right off the floor. Amazing!

I wonder if cat litter would do that? :unsure: We can talk for thirty minutes about kids we know getting sick... or when they got sick. Squattie used to throw up every day at lunch. If she even smelled the cafeteria food, she'd puke (in Kindergarten) so her classmates took turns carrying her tray up to the tray dumping area for her! happy097.gif

Holly and I got bored with just kissing each other. (Y'all know I'm teasing right?)

Sure you are Taken... Sure you are.

LOLOLOL!  OMG, I love the puke stories! :rofl:

My friend Karen was getting carsick and her mom didn't have a plastic bag or anything, so Karen quickly opened an umbrella partway and threw up in it! :rofl:

And when Robbie's little brother Lee started school, on the first day of kindergarten, he was so nervous, he threw up on the bus.  He told us he would always see the orange juice rolling down the aisle in between the rubber ridges.  For the whole school year, he was called "Barf Boy".