WildSurvive Forum

Good Luck Kim,

Hope you are able to catch some fish. Maybe you can practice your fire building and shelter building also. This way you can cook the fish and have a nice meal also :yes:

Kim do you have a camera? If so take some photos of your fishing trip including some of the fishing kit you are using and post them up here ok

I don't know if it is because I always camped as a group when I was young, but it was this very thing that struck me when I decided to go camping as an adult.  You hike in, prepare your campsite and get it all set up and then you are standing around with nothing to do.  I think it is a result of adults planning everything out for you as a kid, so you aren't really aware of it.  As a means of countering it, I typically carry a PDA to read ebooks on.  I am also teaching myself to play a pennywhistle.  It seems like such the cool and cliche thing to sit by a campfire and play a pennywhistle.  And it is very light to pack.  Typically, though, right after I get everything set up, I have to lay down and take a nice nap...

no shelter yet but thinking about places to try. haven't made any fires lately want to try with laundry lint. happy070.gif

Kim, I'm sure that you already know this, but the dryer lint needs to be cotton.  Synthetic lint tends to melt and a blend isn't as efficient as 100% cotton.  I generally use the lint from towel and cotton blue jeans.

Kim, I'm sure that you already know this, but the dryer lint needs to be cotton.  Synthetic lint tends to melt and a blend isn't as efficient as 100% cotton.  I generally use the lint from towel and cotton blue jeans.

OH thats the problem. Why dont people tell me these things? I guess they just did. Thanks Archie.

I usually play cards if I'm with the Scouts. Otherwise, once everything is set up, and after I've eaten, I'll work on prep for the next morning, which is probably the most relaxing thing I do at camp.

This Involves:

Collecting Tinder and Kindling for the Morning Fire

Getting out my Clothes for tomorrow

And generally other things that make it easier for me to get up and bolt in the morning, so I can explore.

I like to set back and watch the campfire and the stars overhead and listen to a little shortwave radio. I dont like the  local stations it has to be foreign, between the stars, the camp fire, and a signal coming from a  country thousands of miles away it kind of brings the world down to size. Plus it is kind of neat to listen to the other countries spin on the world news.  :dj: 

Myself, I like to sit just out of the fires light and watch the stars in complete darkness.  It also lets me know if there are other critters around.  They usually hang out in that area where the light ends and the dark begins and watch us. LOL.

I like to sit by the campfire at night and watch the stars and try to figure out which one is which. I know the big dipper, but also like to watch for falling stars. happy070.gif