WildSurvive Forum
Askdamice

Bow's Survival and Primitive Skills Training

Hi everyone,

Once again, Allan "Bow" Beauchamp is offering an introductory survival and primitive training course. In the past, he has mainly trained the military and various other private organizations. A year ago, Bow took on a group of students that were selected from a few of the survival forums... the group leader was our very own Machine. After a successful training session a second group went out led by Crazy Stick. One of the groups recently completed the second phase of a three part Bush Orientation Training. I was fortunate enough to be a part of this group and have found Bow's unique approach to teaching to be highly effective. However, Bow has a busy schedule for most of the year so setting up a training date with him can be difficult , to say the least.

Seeing only good people and great results from taking on "newcomers" Bow has decided to free up time in his schedule to train the general public. This will be done in small groups of 10-20 people and take place over the next 4 years. The Bush Orientation gets you to the point where you become self-sufficient and can "live" in the bush, regardless of season. After these 3 phases are complete you will be capable to accompany Bow on journeys that will take you deeper into the bush than you could ever imagine.

The next training session will be held from Monday, April 21st to Friday, April 25th, 2008. You will need to arrive the day before (Sunday, April 20th) to set up camp, and will leave the morning after the last day of training (Saturday, April 26th). The training takes place about 2 hours outside of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada in a town called Webwood. The price is $120 CDN per day for a total of $600 CDN for the week. You are responsible for your own food. The first course will be held at a "safe site" where you will drive right up and set up camp just outside your vehicles.

I can answer a few general questions here (I will post a "General Questions For Bow's Training" thread.) but if you are seriously interested, you will be directed to a private forum to discuss the finer details.

So, once again...

Bow's Survival and Primitive Skills Training

Webwood, Ontario, Canada

April 20-26, 2008

$600 CDN

Thanks

Rick

Sounds wonderful and a real great opportunity guys, value for money too. Bows reputation proceeds him.

Rick, thank you SO much for posting this.  I'll forward the info to family and friends too. 

hi all,, im finally back here again,,, "survivor kid"...... ill be waiting right here when you think your ready my friend..

just a short note,,

for the training,, i have decided as rick already mentioned to open this up for 20 new people for the next four years,.

what i have found over the years is that alot of people study "survival" as we know it,, but when it comes to actually living it in the bush in all four seasons we always fall short on real skills.

i have seen this time and time again,,  from kids to special forces troops i have trained..

i felt that  teaching  people  to "live" the experience and learn the  skills this way  is a much greater way to actually "learn the skills"...

once they are capable of "living in the bush" and "really surviving". on there own.. then i  will take them deeper into the bush,, all the while using less of mans gear and  learning more skills  from the bush.. this is done with me one on one..

so, i offer this to all,,,,,,,,,,,,

after this four year segment , i will once again return to my research back in the bush ,,,as there is so much i have left to do..

take care...........bow

happy070.gif

Great to see you here again Bow.

Let me just say, if you can go, do it.  My knowledge of the bush (I didn't say "survival") has grown so much in the past year from going and training with Bow.  The knowledge he has is incredible.  The part I found the most impressive is how much you learn and you don't even realize you are learning.  I can't wait until my schedule allows me to take phase 2. 

Well, I want to go!  Guys, keep me in your prayers that I find a job so I'll be able to do this, okay?  Then we'll have to convince Robbie to let me get a passport, fly to Canada and spend a few days in the bush with a bunch of guys...:whistle: 

Holly... several women are interested in going and my wife is the group leader... maybe that'll help smooth it over with Robbie :thumbup:

hello everyone,,,

i always enjoy working with and enjoy the company of  good quality people..

with my training i always try and "walk" people through the bush learning  process of living real skills and seeing what really works  in the bush and what should stay at home..

so, when you really need bush skills you can go right to what works,, and forget the rest.kind of prioritize them of sorts..

my focus is always  about "you'' at first,, i analys people and there skill levels then develop with in them the  skills they "really need"..

with the groups so far i want to work on teaching them skills learnt from my time in the bush as well as, show them how to "really live in the bush".. all the while teaching them to focus on what " they can actually do' as opposed to "what they have read " and think they can do..

once this is done and they are "safe"out there,, ,from this base line,, ill take them on a special journey,,,,

unlike no other....

but, i could be wrong.....bow :arigato:

Some folks are going to be in for a special experience Bow.  You're very generous with your time.

Some folks are going to be in for a special experience Bow.  You're very generous with your time.

That is VERY true.

just joined the site after talking to askdamice happy to be here, i am fortunate enough to live 5 min from webwood so i will be ready for bows training, i purchased 77 acres out here so i could practice my skills w/o haveing to worry about someone elses land, look forward to learning from ya'll

Northern Ontario Canada North Bay about 60 miles north of Les. A lot of survival training Les has he got from Bow.Their close friends. Ive been in North Bay.

I emailed Bow when I learned Les was not going to do any more Survivor man shows and asked him if he was going to be the new Survivor man guy. He says he just does it and hes not into show business. I got it that he wasnt all that impressed with Les.