WildSurvive Forum
wareagle

howdy ya'll new guy here

hey i'm wareagle i'm from northern ontario

my passion is wilderness survival especially wild edibles that is my favorite subject to research

look forward to learning and sharing with ya'll

Hi, wareagle!  It is wonderful having you here. :yes:  Welcome to Wild Survive.  If there is anything any of us can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.  Looking forward to learning more about wild edibles from you.  I'm a city woman and I don't know the difference between lettuce and cabbage unless they're in the right bins at the grocery store. :blush:

Hi!! I did about 4 months of research on edible plants, but only learned of a few local ones.....

Your lucky to live in Canada. I want to move there. And I'd like to visit the Boreal Forest, but we'll see.

Anyway, have a great time and dont hesitate to post or ask, as thats what this place is about....

Angenamt (Swedish for Im pleased to meet you) Welcome aboard and happy posting I got that straight from the boss.    :P  :D

Need anything just ask.  :wave:

first off thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.

mistwalker where in the south r u i used to live in arizona.

for your question i'll just list what i have personal experience with

red oak,lady's thumb,curled dock,green amaranth,lambs quarters, sulphur self,jewel weed,wild raison,marsh marigold, cranberry, labrador tea, all types of berries, sweet fern arrow head pond lilly wild leeks,cattail, burdock pantain,chickweed, wood sorrel, sheep sorrel, daisy rossete(ox eye daisy) garlic chives , ground ivy tea ,peppermint tea,indian cucumber, rock tripe, wild carrot, jerusalem articocke, chicory winter cress dandelion,milkweed plus my favorite topic and food is mushrooms. the best being the bolete but also puffballs shaggy manes and the true morrels.

first off thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.

mistwalker where in the south r u

almost on top of the Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia line. Could you post pics of some of these?

i am not that tecnological. i need to learn how to post pics when i took my course this summer i bought a new digital camera i've got great pics especially of mushrooms(which my wife is tired of) but when i learn how to stuff pics in my computer i would be glad to send them.

i am not that tecnological. i need to learn how to post pics when i took my course this summer i bought a new digital camera i've got great pics especially of mushrooms(which my wife is tired of) but when i learn how to stuff pics in my computer i would be glad to send them.

http://www.wildsurvive.com/outdoor-camping-forum/index.php?topic=831.0 Here is an Excellent tutorial put together by our own LOST on how to post pictures, enjoy!

So..., do you know a lot about mushrooms?

So..., do you know a lot about mushrooms?

i would say that mushrooms are my passion it seems so many ppl are afraid of them so i wanted to learn as much as i could and i am totally facinated, i have only been studying them for a year now but i would say i know more than some and less than others.

i would say that mushrooms are my passion it seems so many ppl are afraid of them so i wanted to learn as much as i could and i am totally facinated, i have only been studying them for a year now but i would say i know more than some and less than others.

I am just starting to study them seriously,and I have only eaten a few wild ones. I love to cook and have even done it for a living a few times untill it started to interfere with my enjoyment of cooking at home. I love to cook with mushrooms but I just go to the market and buy them. And because my property joins a large wilderness tract on the side of the mountain I am more and more interested in using the things that grow there in my home cooking. Alas so far all I have managed to use are the many and large wild onions out there. Here are two of the mushrooms I've found lately up on the moutain, do you recognize them?

PICT0057.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

for me it is hard to tell just from pictures, i would need to see the entire stem see if it has a veil, if it stains or is milky, size texture smell and also a spore print.also gilles or not attached or not

the mushrooms i can positively id are the boletes, shaggy manes, honey mushrooms oyster mushrooms true morrels, puffballs and horse mushroom(new one).why do i feel like you are trying to see if i am full of it mist walker? thats ok any time i have to open my notebook to make sure i say the proper id to not send someone else astray just reinforces my knowledge so thanks whats next?

for me it is hard to tell just from pictures, i would need to see the entire stem see if it has a veil, if it stains or is milky, size texture smell and also a spore print.

the mushrooms i can positively id are the boletes, shaggy manes, honey mushrooms oyster mushrooms true morrels, puffballs and horse mushroom(new one).why do i feel like you are trying to see if i am full of it mist walker? thats ok any time i have to open my notebook to make sure i say the proper id to not send someone else astray just reinforces my knowledge so thanks whats next?

Nope, not trying to test, lol, wouldn't really know if you were telling the truth or not was just looking for your thoughts. Can you recomend a really good book on mushrooms, this actually is one of my current areas of interest. And also there were some growing out by my truck two days ago......, I thought they were mainly a summer thing.

mushrooms grow at all times of the year some need the bitter cold some need the warmth. my teacher was a student of david arura muhrooms demystified also the peterson book and the audubon society books you guys have barnes and noble down there right? also just go on the net and type in lawn mushrooms or woodland wild mushrooms tons of sites to choose from, sometimes i print off what i want and i also have about 10 books just on mushrooms, do you have the boletes down there? they are the easiest to id and some of the best tasting.

mushrooms grow at all times of the year some need the bitter cold some need the warmth. my teacher was a student of david arura muhrooms demystified also the peterson book and the audubon society books you guys have barnes and noble down there right? also just go on the net and type in lawn mushrooms or woodland wild mushrooms tons of sites to choose from, sometimes i print off what i want and i also have about 10 books just on mushrooms, do you have the boletes down there? they are the easiest to id and some of the best tasting.

Yes we have Barnes and Noble......,boletes??