WildSurvive Forum

Good afternoon, Just by way of introduction, I am a 49 year old married father of 2 and live in southern NY. I work as an RN at a trauma center in the Bronx, have spent some time working EMS and have an abiding love for all things wild. My interests range from urban/wilderness medicine and rescue to woodsman skills. Hope to be able to add something worthwhile to your forum. Regards, Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for joining and for introducing yourself. We're glad to have you.

There's a lot to look at here so take some time and go through the forum, add to whatever post you'd like even if it's just an "I like that too" or "I've used on of those".

See you around the forum,

Gandar

Welcome to Wild Survive, Jim!  It's great having you here. :yes:  We're a friendly, family-oriented site (well, okay, sometimes we get a little rowdy  :blush:) and each one of us here has a true love of the outdoors.  If you have any questions, anyone on the site will be more than willing to help (or they'll make up an answer. :whistle:)

Hiya Gator.  I'm a NYer too.  I live a tad north of you.  OK near Plattsburgh.  Make sure you stop by the Campfire and visit all the regulars.  Bring food and drink. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum Jim.

Can I ask..... where in southern NY? I've spent quite a bit of time in that neck of the woods.

Ladies and Gents, Thank you for your welcomes. Most appreciated.

Sir, I live in Westchester county NY. Too darn close to the city

Regards, Jim

Guest taken by the wind...

~ Hi Aligator! :wave: I too am in emergency medicine (only on a neonatal scale) :whistle:   Nice to meet you. :thumbup:

You MUST love all things "Wild" if you work in a trauma E.R.! scared011.gif (we are our area's trauma center too, but luckily I don't have to go down there that often... unless the trauma victim is an infant or a pregnant lady.) I admire those folks who can do that kind of work on a daily basis. gen165.gif It's tough. I've noticed that our E.R. seasoned RN's are also men. It takes a man to deal with some of that stuff. (and some of those people! LOL) :scared:

Welcome to our site. I can't believe you're a trauma R.N. in New York, and you haven't met Dave469.   happy097.gif

be sure to visit the Campfire and you'll make some great friends.

Taken by the wind, I'm sorry for any misconceptions, I have worked in the ER for about 5-6 years but now work in a different area, that allows for more time with my family, due to a better schedule. When I miss it, I go down there and get sane again:-). Regards, Jim

PS Thanks for the welcome. Jim

Thank you for your overwhelming welcomes. We have ALL kinds of "fungi" growing here, but willing trade for more wilderness .   Regards, Jim

welcome jim, nice to see you found us, hope you enjoy this "addicition" as much as i do.  The folks here are great, and tons of information. again welcome.

Hi Gator  :wave:  Sorry for the delayed welcome I had to bring the Mrs home from knee surgery today. Mrs Swede is a nurse.

Poke around and happy posting if you need anything holler.

To all, thank you for your welcomes.

Mr. Swede, I hope your wife dose OK, sorry to hear about her knee. FWIW, and depending on what was wrong and the specific procedure, her knee will never be "good as new", and will be easier to re injure in the future. Her salvation lies in continuing the exercises prescribed for her hence forth. Just mt $.02, Regards, Jim

Guest Lead Dog

Jim, I'd welcome you to the site, but it seems you've almost been welcomed to death!

Enjoy your stay here!