WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
theking648

william joseph fishing pack.

Guest Lead Dog

I can't even cast and breathe at the same time.  You can drink while casting?

Seriously, what do you like about having a backpack over a traditional vest?  Does that pack allow better articulation for casting?  Do you keep a lot of gear with you while wading?

I'm new to fly fishing, so curious about it.  Thanks.

first off your not casting the whole time if you did that your arm would hurt come the next day... also i'm unlike most of my family i go hiking to the part of the streem i want, i don't stick close to the road.

the other thing is you WILL get dehydrated out there even though your not doing much. (i'm in utah and the summers are hot)

i do have lots of gear with me.. first the most important is my sunscreen second it my first aid kit, 1 extra real, the camelbak blader, a good knife and all my fly fishing stuff, and maybe a bottle of gatorade.

so i do carry lots of stuff, considering i'm out there for 3-4 hours every day of vacation.

also i don't wade with waders... LOL i'm redneck get an old pair of shoes and some shorts, i prefer the swiming ones so they dry fast. i don't get in the stream unless i have to cross it or the trees/bushes have over grown and i have to go through the water.. which is usally cold.

cheers,

KING

Guest Lead Dog

Cool.  I was thinking of the need to have a pack with you on the water versus a daypack that can sit on the shore while you fish.  A daypack would probably offer more room for gear and more versatility for hiking and other activities while a fishing pack would keep more gear on your person, like the water bladder.

Hey King,

You might be able to turn that pack into a nice PSK also. Little small for a BOB but would work as a survival kit. And witha bladder you definately would be able to store water if you found it. It will hold a 100 oz bladder or 72 oz bladder

ya that was part of the plan.....

what do you mean by ""you definately would be able to store water if you found it.""  it's a fly fishing pack. i would kinda need water in order to fish. LOL 

the point of my new pack is i wanted somthing that could hold a bladder so that when i'm fishing for 4 hours i have somthing to drink.

but i think i'm going to get this one

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=53XR&feature_id=&dir_id=758&group_id=781&cat_id=5093&subcat_id=6670

still vary exspensive.

Hey king, how about something like a Katadyn water filter with two long tubes on it, so you could just pump the filtered water into your mouth when you wanted some?  Wouldn't be as heavy as carrying water.  I'd just pump some whiskey through it when you came home.  Katadyns have a ceramic filter with some silver included as a bactericide.  Drinking the whiskey would be optional, I guess....grin.

NVM brush everything above off the table.... i just found a winner.

William Joseph Exodus

the vest on the front comes off so if you want you can have a day pack..... YES.. SWEET.

$158.00 BUT WHO CARES.... this is the winner. wow.

Exodus-small.jpg

the detached view http://www.chifly.com/uploads/WJ-022.jpg

O the cool part is William Joseph was founded and still is in salt lake city. and they have a warehouse/store thing up there. so next time i'm in town i'll get me one.... i wounder if it's cheaper at there store. i'll have my sister look at it.

King,

I meant that if you were in the survival mode and you have your bladder and found water you would be able to store some more to get by with the bladder. I know you fish and are on the water. But I was thinking of it as a PSK and you were in the back country surviving my friend. 100 oz is alot better than 32 oz

King,

I meant that if you were in the survival mode and you have your bladder and found water you would be able to store some more to get by with the bladder. I know you fish and are on the water. But I was thinking of it as a PSK and you were in the back country surviving my friend. 100 oz is alot better than 32 oz

ok. i wouldn't have anything less than 64oz which is what my camelbak is. my plan was to have 100oz in the pack and with the one i found i can fit two of them in there.

King,

Now that pack would definately make a good PSK and BOB bag. I like the exodus nice looking pack. :thumbup:

King,

I really think you could make a really awesome PSK/BOB kit with the exodus and the way it has the front add-ons like that. Great choice my friend. :thumbup:

William Joseph Exodus Chest Pack Item:OG-319787 It's on sale on there site.

Reg: $159.00

Sale: $119.88  

my sister got it from there warehouse yesterday for 140. she is coming down for my graduation this week but i won't get it untill the 30th (my birthday)

just so this makes some sense, william joseph is a utah company there base/HQ  is in salt lake city..... also the pack comes with a life time warranty. and thats why i think this newish company is going to go far. maybe one day be as big as L.L. Bean or Orvis.

found some nice high res images of it....

http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=flyshop&Screen=SCRNSHOT&Product_Code=WJ80EXOD&scrnshot_offset=2

Prob'ly right in Utah.  Most good fishing streams here are shaded, although there are some exceptions.  Tess is much more the fisherman than I am.  I hunt fish to eat them.

King congrats on your new fishing pack. Great looking.  :thumbup: And has lots of potential for other things as well.

hehe.... its water tight for a while.

i fell in down in the stream while i was walking down it.....

i'll report that story later in the campfire.

BTW you have to have some balls to go hiking into a  200ft canyon with log jams and cliffs.  but once you jump into that cold water your going to lose em.

and the gps got wet too.. but that was in the bag and a left it slightly open but it's water resistant and it still works.