WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tatonka

Hello Wild Survive

Hello everyone. My Name is John. I am 48 yrs old. I live in the western NY area. I am a nurse by profession. And also have been a vol firefighter/EMT. My interest's include anything with the outdoors. Camping, hiking, hunting, fishing. I have been a survival merit badge counselor for the boy scouts. Have a working knowledge of bushcraft and always want to learn more. And for what I have seen so far on this site, it looks good. :thumbup:

hello and welcome, i'm a 17 yr old computer wiz. i just love fly fishing and camping.

if you want you can stop by the campfire and chat...

cheers,

Dave

Howdy tatonka, welcome to the site.  I was through your part of the world about 18 years ago.  Beautiful part of the country.

I vividly remember 5 deer running across the road and I split the needle between the first two and the last three.

Hello Nurkerool,

Yess they have a big habit of doing that around here alot. I had a big buck do that to me last night while driving to the store. He's lucky I wasn't going fast .

Thanks Dave. I haven't ever done fly fishing but one of these days I may. I like going bass fishing. I caught a 23 incher this past year that is being mounted. It's the biggest one I have caught around here.

Thanks Dave. I haven't ever done fly fishing but one of these days I may. I like going bass fishing. I caught a 23 incher this past year that is being mounted. It's the biggest one I have caught around here.

holy hell. i don't go lake fishing but i do streams

if you have watched World Fly Fishing Championships on OLN/VS it had and episode on the fremont river, utah.. and that's my favorite spot. also my great grandparents lived in  bicknell,  utah which is on the river.  but if i get a float tube i might fish on small lakes.

Thanks Survivordan. Yes I was a scoutmaster and asst scoutmaster for another troop. Also was a member with scouts Canada.

That one was caught on a pond Dave. I don't fish Lake Erie much. Need a boat to really fish it. And that is one expense I can live without. So I do small streams and lakes. And ponds that I know hold bass in them.

Welcome Tatonka.

Western NY.... The Adirondacks by any chance?

Great to have you on he forum. Have fun.

Dan, I was a scout also. Went thru the ranks and then became a leader later in life. It was some of the best times I had. I went to the nat jam 2 times. And we sent a scout's to both the world and nat jam

The other end of the state. But the Adirondacks are my favorite part of the state. And thank you for the welcome

Thanks Survivor kid 909,

I will do that. I like the site already. Lot of nice people and lots of info.  :thumbup:

Tatonka (buffalo)  :wave:  Glad you found us  :thumbup:  If you have any questions just ask anyone. Picture posting and videos are among our favorite. If you need any help with that Ill have my man help you.    :P

Happy posting.

Welcome you see holding the rank special mod mean i am the only mod. I a higher up than the admins. Oh welcome you my freind are speaking to a future pararescueman of the usaf. peace oh stop by the camp fire

Tatonka if you look you are now a verfied user that means you can use the PM feature of the program.

Welcome to the board Tatonka.  Hope you've got lots of experiences, photo's and ideas to share.  you're not far across the border from me, so we share alot of the same type of forest.