WildSurvive Forum
Adi

Survival kits – Why and What

Hummm great idea for a container. Water proof and an important item in a kit.  :thumbup:

It is, I am not reviewing these at this time but i will do one in April when the updated version comes out which will be much better specked.

Any questions on these products give me a shout.

This may sound weird at first, but fish oil caplets should be in your kits.  Open one and the oil can be used as bait for a trap/snare or on a lure.  Even if you don't use them to get more food you can still use them as a diet supplement.

I know these are sometimes hard to find, but I was in an Ace hardward store and they had strike anywhere matches.  Not the big kichen matches though.

Really good thread. I didn't see this anywhere. Paracord storage. I know there's a few different ways to store it without tangling. I like this one.

This pic is 100' of paracord.

The great thing about this style is, it can be pretty much any length you want, you can pull off as much as you need, cut it and stow the rest. I plan on making a 50' for the GHB's and possibly a couple more 100' for the vehicals. I took one of the pics in my hand to give you an idea of the size of it.

004.thumb.JPG.5e0c1b44b2d231dcdc9daf5df16ded1b.JPG

Adi,

Those gear pods are amazing, my buddy bought one a while back and it has a lot of potential, and you can order it as a kit or just as the pods if you want to make your own pod. I really like them and am working to add one to my kit.

I LOVE the paracord doughnuts, I've been using them for about 2 years now.  Sure, it takes some time to get it wrapped up, but it's easy, just sitting watching a movie with the family.  I do a 100 footer in my main pack, and I do a couple of mini 6 to 20 foot in my EDC.  I usually have a small 10 footer on my keychain, and a 20 footer dropped in my pocket. 

Really good thread. I didn't see this anywhere. Paracord storage. I know there's a few different ways to store it without tangling. I like this one.

This pic is 100' of paracord.

The great thing about this style is, it can be pretty much any length you want, you can pull off as much as you need, cut it and stow the rest. I plan on making a 50' for the GHB's and possibly a couple more 100' for the vehicals. I took one of the pics in my hand to give you an idea of the size of it.

I found this tutorial on how to make one of these.

http://www.sdtroop94.org/Gear/GM12.pdf

Paracord_donut.pdf

One thing that I carry is a painters drop sheet, very light, thin and cheap, I don't like to carry heavier than I need to.

One thing that I carry is a painters drop sheet, very light, thin and cheap, I don't like to carry heavier than I need to.

What are the dimentions as far as length & width?

I have used painters sheets to store drinkable water in a bathtub before.  Normally, if you are made aware ahead of time of a water issue (The local water department let us know that we would be without water for a day or two due to some water main issues they were fixing), We didn't have enough space or containers to store enough water for that long.  So I lined the bathtub with a painters sheet, filled it up and then tied it around a hose.  Then we could take out the water we needed and it was potable or use it for toilet etc.  Worked like a charm.  I have 3 or 4 of them from walmart at home.  Never thought of putting them in a bug out bag or get home bag, but they are light weight and would be a good additoin.  Lots of uses, including temporary shelter.    Great idea  Tsitenha!!

I like to carry the cheap birthday party tablecloths. Thete a great size for a groundcloth and alot tougher than the painters dropclth plastic sheets. Another lightweight overlooked piece of plastic is the cheap shower curtain liners.

oh shower curtain liners you can get at the dollor tree I did works great

there way stronger than you think and they dont cost much or take up any space.

Here is my outdoor survival kit. I carry it in a big belt bag, so I can wear a backpack with my hiking stuff too.

vxoi.jpg

- Good quality paracord.

- Poncho.

- Hygienic towels.

- Kleenex.

- Head scarf.

- Bandana.

- Bivybag.

- PSK (Eskabar) with survival kit (paracord, wisttle, sharpening stone, ferro rod and waterproof tinder).

- Mini folding saw.

- Steel mug with cover and food.

- Waterproof tinder.

- Waterproof and windproof matches.

- Safety pins and some rubberbands.

- Canddle.

- Ziplock bags.

- Compass.

- Aluminium foil.

- Spork.

PSK survival kit:

lc0k.jpg