WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LOST

Where Do You Hunt ?

Of all the huntsman I know, they all have hit that favorite place no one knows about.  How many have a place like that, and still keep going back?

We used to hunt near Sault Ste. Marie, on St. Joseph Island for deer. Our friend had a property until last year which our "camp" hunted from. We are looking for another "camp".

Mooze will be hunted in Northen Ontario south of the Timmins are north of Gogama.

I used to hunt at a private club.  But that got taken away.  Now I hunt at a dam.  It is pretty nice. Not alot of people there. 

I hunt at a hunt club in Northern Florida.

It costs me $1500 dues, and perhaps another $1000 for other things in order to have the privilege.

Getting danged tough to do this... no error.

Guest adrenjunky

Anywhere that I get a chance. Do I have a secret spot, yup, but I'm not telling. :hugegrin:

There are a lot of places around me to hunt, but my favorite is this area (within 60 miles).  Many good bucks have come from this area.  Walking the ridgeline with bow and dropping into the hundreds of ravines and valleys will usually always produce results.

P1020330a.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm in California.  Great country, but too many people, who are insisting on way to many insane laws.  The photo was taken somewhere in the Las Padres National Forest.  It gets very hot in July, which is the bow season.  Fortunately there are plenty of roads to get a vehicle in to pick up the successful hunter and ice down the animal before it spoils.

i usually hunt the william o'douglas wilderness in wa. state there are some pics of the area in the wild pics thread i just got back from 3 weeks of camping and hunting elk in this area

jsw_elk_hunt_2006_018.jpg.279ec544dba2369a95e96d2b431de611.jpg

DE has just enacted a new program where if you are able to get a farmer to sponser you to hunt his/her property, you can hunt 9 monthes of the year. Mild winters have pushed our deer populations thru the roof, and increased development has sent them to the fields where they are doing considerable damage to the farmers crops.

My hubbie has 3 farms where he presently hunts.  Unfortunatly, 2 of the 3 farmers will be growing houses instead of corn next season :(

It would be easier to ask me where I don't hunt...I'm very fortunate to live in an area where I have alot of options especially when it comes to avoiding other hunters.

im a youth hunter and my neighbor is to old to hunt and dont know if this place allows hunting still but down at black lake up north is good duck hunting along with turkey and deer spots 

We drive west to BC twice per year to hunt there. The past 12 years with the same outfitter.

Black bears in the spring. In the fall moose and mule deer, once in a while also mountain goat and cariboo.

Guest smallgamehunter

i hunt less then 200 yards from my front door on my neighbors 2 acres of very thick woods