WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Horus

welcome friend to you also , rockhounder. I noticed a couple other sioux names on the list. The topics are interesting on the board. Its like having a good ,solid refresher course available. I saw the teepee. I was able to spend a good deal of time years ago camoing in one. It was large enough for about 8 kids and a couple adults. It was canvas, and heavy,. So were the poles. After putting it up and moving it around a few times, I think i know why the Indian women got stuck with that job. I wonder how a hide teepee compares in weight to a canvass teepee. Now days its probablt nylon.

Good morning,

I thought I would check in and give a small update.

The Tipi is here. I bought an 18 footer. The poles are here also and the work has only begun on them. They need sanded and treated.

The CSA has 8 members and is keeping the newly graduated high schooler busy as a bee.

Speaking of bees, they are here too.

2 garden plots are planted, 5 to go, it will be about 3 acres total.

Me and the bank bought a new tractor, and I would like to say diesel has went up 35 cents in the short time I've owned it. It gets twice the mileage as the old 2N ford however and does twice the work. I buried my 2 bottom plow and tore up the old plow pan.

The weather............it's supposed to be spring but it sure didn't feel like it yesterday. The low tonight is 45.

Hey, I heard a rumor that propane was going to be 4 dollars a gal. this winter. I hope that is just a rumor.

We picked up 10 flats of plants yesterday from the my greenhouse guy. Hopefully get them planted in the next couple of days.

We hired two college grads to help work the garden this summer. They should be showing up in a couple of weeks. Things will change here at the ole gravel stop farm.

We house and feed them and pay them. It will be a new expierience. I hope it works out. I actually think they want to stay in that tipi. We are building an outdoor privy, solar shower, bought a screened in tent so they can eat without too many bugs and don't know when I'll start the cabin.

The garden can use some heat and so could my old bones. I just want to lay in the sun and soak up some heat. I have been working like there is no tomorrow and can use a break. Isin't that a Bob Dylan song? Gotta run, Horus

Thanks for the up date Horus. I see "The Baker"is going to help put up the TiPi. I told him he has to wear his outfit for the pictures.

Im going to buy a tractor today 950 John Deere. I hope I got my skid loader sold to pay for it.

Ill stop out when I get time.

Thanks for the up date Horus. I see "The Baker"is going to help put up the TiPi. I told him he has to wear his outfit for the pictures.

Im going to buy a tractor today 950 John Deere. I hope I got my skid loader sold to pay for it.

Ill stop out when I get time.

Did you get the tractor? Horus

Welcome to the forum Horus. I'm new myself. There is tons of great info here. :grin:

I'm new here too and I have a dog that looks just like yours.......