WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Holly

Gun Laws

This is HUGE news, especially for women like me who would like to legally be able to carry a weapon while hiking on state property. :yes:  I got this memo from the NRA today...

"Interior Department To Propose New Rules Regarding Right-to-Carry In National Parks

Friday, February 22, 2008

After nearly five years of effort by NRA-ILA, the U.S. Department of the Interior has finally responded to the many requests for a change in its policy on carrying and transporting firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges.  In a letter hand-delivered today to the U.S. Senators who wrote him asking for this policy change, Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne has directed Lyle Laverty, Assistant Secretary for Fish, Game and Parks, to “develop and propose for public comment by April 30, Federal regulations that will update firearms policies on these lands to reflect existing Federal laws (such as those prohibiting weapons in Federal buildings) and the laws by which the host States govern transporting and carrying of firearms on their analogous public lands.”

“This announcement represents an important and overdue change to now-outdated federal regulations imposed 25 years ago.  Once this new federal regulation is proposed, published for public comment and then finalized, law-abiding citizens will have their right to self-defense restored and be able to legally carry and transport firearms through national parks and wildlife refuges for a variety of lawful purposes -- just like in national forests and BLM lands,” said NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

The move for regulatory change by the Administration will restore the rights of law-abiding gun owners who wish to transport and carry firearms for lawful purposes in most national park lands and wildlife refuges and will make the laws consistent with state law where these lands are located. Fifty-one U.S. Senators from both parties sent a letter to the Department of Interior late last year supporting the move to make state firearm laws applicable to national park lands and wildlife refuges. (Click here to read the letters: Letter 1,  Letter 2)

“These changes will respect the Second Amendment rights of honest citizens, and we look forward to the issuance of a final rule this year,” concluded Cox."

"At Devil's Postpile National Monument in California all the patrol rangers have been removed from the park. "There is no law enforcement presence in the park, and no agreements in place with neighboring law enforcement agencies. This is a complete violation of NPS policy and public trust, yet it has gone unchecked," according to the U.S. Park Rangers Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police."

This is really scary! :scared:

It amazes me how our court system can just pick and choose the parts they want to follow and it's up to us to fight for the parts they choose to ignore. 

After the last few years of an all out assult on the constitution do you actually think it matters anymore? There seems to be a cherry picking of what  constitutional rights we are going to demand from our leaders at this point.

From the Supreme Court deciding the elections to wire taps to home invasion and eminent domain ,congressional approaval of war, the war powers act, seperation of church and state, seperation of powers,boarder security ,the list goes on.

If were going to demand constituional guarantees than we have to demand ALL constituional guarantees.By turning a blind eye to some of the violations it has come home to roost.

When we allow through apathy to let politics to pack the Supreme Court with judges favoring a certain philosophy either way the rule of or the interpertation of the law falls to ideology and not the spirit of the law the framers intended.

Whats the answer hell I dont know. Im done now.  :P

Wait until it happens, and know that it will, that the government turns on all organized religion. 

By the movement of the Anglo-American Dual World Power into this century, changes are already being established. 

The above is just one more step in that direction. Watch the headlines over the near future and see how it develops.

If the gun laws change or are enacted to deny affordable protection, how will one or many stand against the second step.

The first: the right to bear arms

The second: freedom of religion

The times they are a changing.

As bad as I would like to continue this discussion Im afraid unless it relates to survival( ie the need to be armed in a survival situation) that I totally agree with. This is only going to cause bad feelings.

Lets wait and see what happens with the courts.

Actually the link I posted has nothing to do with handguns...., or laws....., just ran across it and didn't know where else to put it.

Oh sorry Mr.Walker I wasnt refering to you. I think politics is one of our things in the list of things not to discuss because it ends up causing hard feelings. No I read your link. Again Im sorry it sounded that way.  :blush:  Carry on.

As bad as I would like to continue this discussion Im afraid unless it relates to survival( ie the need to be armed in a survival situation) that I totally agree with. This is only going to cause bad feelings.

Lets wait and see what happens with the courts.

Can you clarify?  Are you saying that gun laws are political and may not be related to survival?  I am confused as to how it can cause bad feelings?

Totally not understanding your meaning?

Gun laws directly effect us as survivors. What we will have to do is seperate discussion based on political beliefs.  We have  in our rules no political debate.

Politics and religion discussion cause arguements. Thats why I say lets see what the courts decide about this before we get in a big fight. Please.

Gun laws directly effect us as survivors. What we will have to do is seperate discussion based on political beliefs.  We have  in our rules no political debate.

Politics and religion discussion cause arguements. Thats why I say lets see what the courts decide about this before we get in a big fight. Please.

Oh, no fights, just a statement based on observation, first hand knowledge and experience.  No break down here on religion or politics.  Just what can come from changes to the country's basis for existence as we know it.  That in itself will cause an upheavel in society which we need to be prepared for.  To survive any major changes that may be as a result from something like this.

So again no arguments here.  ;)

Im not mad at anyone or upset in the least. In fact I would love to launch into a rant about the way things have been going in our government but Im afraid Ill piss some folks off. We payed for the rules we had to set up with blood during the HazeyWolf disaster so I guess we better enforce them.

No problem carry on.  :)

Oh sorry Mr.Walker I wasnt refering to you. I think politics is one of our things in the list of things not to discuss because it ends up causing hard feelings. No I read your link. Again Im sorry it sounded that way.  :blush:  Carry on.

Ok that's cool Swede, yeah, it's like that in many places in life as in "what are the two things you never dicuss in a group at work?" everyone knows that any discussions on religion or politics can easily lead to heated debates and heated debates often lead arguments......, I'm all for avoiding arguments...., I use to have three or four of them every day for thirteen years...., then I got divorced six years ago. Passed her on the street yesterday and she still has that same look on her face...., I'm starting to pitty her....., but I'm glad she's not here anymore!!