WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bravo

Bravo working summer-time in USA

Yep, you read that right. Thats the plan. Its not written in stone or anything just yet, but I am seriously considering it.

Why? Staying here I will waste that time for sure  wacky078.gif

An example of a workplace that hires students - click here - so unqualified jobs of course. I won't steal your high-end jobs  sad042.gif  :devil:

Sure there are people here that don't like the idea at all - my grandfather for example: "you have high education, why would you do slave work there when you can blah blah blah". But in my book honest work is not something to be ashame of. And working here even as a programmer won't earn me that money or experience.

I would like to work in a national park for obvious reasons to you guys - being close to nature should make the long distance away from family and friends easier. Also doing some White water rafting in weekends sounds good to me :) They pay around 7$ an hour, so after 2 and a half months I could still raise enough cash to buy me some mountain gear and pay some debts :hugegrin:

Also I am thinking of finding a second part-time job. So the question is, where should I go? What part of USA?

I've talked to other students and their experience was a hit or miss kind of way - you know? Some came back with nice cash, many friends and a good time, other with nightmare stories that I won't detail now.

You guys live there, so I guess you could lend a helping hand. Do you think its a good idea?

Would you join me in one of the weekends for a real life campfire?  :woot:

Depends on what part of this land you put your fire in.  Let us know for sure.  Good planning is step one to any high end adventure.  Hope it works out.

national parks huh....... well Utah, wyoming, colorado, arizona, california.  if you hate 120 degree temps stay away from arizona southern utah and southern california even though california and some cool ocean brease

but if you want to white water raft on the weekends canyon lands national park, utah is realy the only place i can think of.  you have the colorado river and green river go through there but you also have manti-la sal national forest on the border of utah and colorado.

you can have camping trips up there and hiking  but there is one big down side... your no where close to a major city. so if your looking for and IT job  in the west you would have to go to  L.A. phenoix, las vegas, Denver. S.L.C

i guess if you go to yellow stone your closest city is a farming town so i don't know what the market is for tech jobs in idaho.

You wont have to worry about nighmare problems if you stay out of trouble with the law.Like any country non citizens get into quick trouble for things like drugs, drunk driving, or any felonies. You wont be doing that so no problem. As far as taking any high end job Americans dont worry about that. If they wanted the job they should have applied for it.

Construction is where you can make big money fast but its hard competive work but for a guy your age you can do it.Anything in the medical field is  always good but not that great of pay. Landscaping work is a great way to meet lots of folks and you wont have to join a union but union work is the highest payed.

Working in a state or federal park wont pay much and those jobs go to colledge kids from this country. You have to know someone type of jobs.

What part of the country? Anywhere south is HOT most of the summer months. So outdoor jobs you should be ready for hot weather. East or west coast areas are crowded if you wish to avoid crowds.

Have you considered exchange student programs?

Be more specific about what part of the country you might be interested in and what jobs your looking for. If its in the construction field I can be of some help. If your going to work it may as well be where you can make the most money.

national parks huh....... well Utah, wyoming, colorado, arizona, california.   if you hate 120 degree temps stay away from arizona southern utah and southern california even though california and some cool ocean brease

but if you want to white water raft on the weekends canyon lands national park, utah is realy the only place i can think of.  you have the colorado river and green river go through there but you also have manti-la sal national forest on the border of utah and colorado.

you can have camping trips up there and hiking  but there is one big down side... your no where close to a major city. so if your looking for and IT job  in the west you would have to go to  L.A. phenoix, las vegas, Denver. S.L.C

i guess if you go to yellow stone your closest city is a farming town so i don't know what the market is for tech jobs in idaho.

Cody is I think an hour or 2 away from Yellowstones East enterance and there is all kinds of cool stuff there!

Well Bravo, I think you would love working in Yellowstone, it is the most beautiful place I have ever been and would love to be a ranger or somthing similar there. I have seen people from ALL OVER working the concession stands, ect. at Yellowstone. There were some from Columbia, China, and all over the US. I would love to work there! http://www.yellowstonejobs.com/ Check this out too.

Construction field sounds good. I am not interested in a certain part of USA, because I don't know it. I admit it I hate heat, but I've built resistance to it because of need (in Bucharest we have desert like temperatures during the summer).  I think I'd prefer the east coast.

This is an student exchange program of some sort - I will get a 3 month visa.

If you find yourself anywhere near Charlotte, NC, you are welcome to come stay with us, Bravo. :yes:  I think this is a wonderful opportunity for you!  And yes, we would LOVE to sit at a campfire with you!  That would be so much fun!

He won't mind, Sweedie-Pie, if it means he gets to move back into my bedroom! :rofl:

Yep, you read that right. Thats the plan. Its not written in stone or anything just yet, but I am seriously considering it.

Why? Staying here I will waste that time for sure  wacky078.gif

An example of a workplace that hires students - click here - so unqualified jobs of course. I won't steal your high-end jobs  sad042.gif  :devil:

Sure there are people here that don't like the idea at all - my grandfather for example: "you have high education, why would you do slave work there when you can blah blah blah". But in my book honest work is not something to be ashame of. And working here even as a programmer won't earn me that money or experience.

I would like to work in a national park for obvious reasons to you guys - being close to nature should make the long distance away from family and friends easier. Also doing some White water rafting in weekends sounds good to me :) They pay around 7$ an hour, so after 2 and a half months I could still raise enough cash to buy me some mountain gear and pay some debts :hugegrin:

Also I am thinking of finding a second part-time job. So the question is, where should I go? What part of USA?

I've talked to other students and their experience was a hit or miss kind of way - you know? Some came back with nice cash, many friends and a good time, other with nightmare stories that I won't detail now.

You guys live there, so I guess you could lend a helping hand. Do you think its a good idea?

Would you join me in one of the weekends for a real life campfire?  :woot:

Well...., since you into computers...., do you have accounting skills? You could get on in the resort circuit as a night auditor or such one of the resorts up on the great lakes. They are booming in the summer I hear. I didn't work the northern part of the circuit but talked to a lot guys and girls who did. They pay scale is better for the skilled or technical end ...auditors, cooks and management , and tips are better in the service area...., food service, bell stand and such but the support groups like housekeeping don't pay that well and tips are iffy, and like pot washers and stuff are the lowest of all. At the Ocean Reef Club we all lived on site and housing was based on the same order of things as above starting with very nice and working it's way down. Just a thought

LOL :)

Swede - could you give me more detail about the construction work? Do I need any qualification? What would the job consist of? No, never worked before on a construction site. I did help my uncle build a house though.

Hey mistwalker - thank you for replying. That sounds like a good idea. Yes I am learning about accounting at the college  - but I don't have any diplomas or such.

I would be interested in good pay and free weekends to go around visiting places and people :)

LOL :)

Swede - could you give me more detail about the construction work? Do I need any qualification? What would the job consist of? No, never worked before on a construction site. I did help my uncle build a house though.

Construction fields are> carpenter,laborer,concrete finisher,electrician,iorn worker,machine operator,painter,dry wall,roofer,pipe layer,asphalt worker,landscaper,bricklayer,mason tender etc.

Carpenters are always looking for grunts to work around building sites in the summer moving material  and stuff and a lot are nonunion. If they like you they will keep you buisy.

Hey mistwalker - thank you for replying. That sounds like a good idea. Yes I am learning about accounting at the college  - but I don't have any diplomas or such.

I would be interested in good pay and free weekends to go around visiting places and people :)

Google- summer resort jobs northern u.s.  and you will find things like this

http://www.northernoutdoors.com/Jobs.html