WildSurvive Forum
Holly

"Everybody run! Holly's got a gun!"

I DID IT!  I got my concealed carry weapon permit yesterday and I went straight to the gun shop.  The lamination was still warm on the permit when I handed it to the gun shop salesman! :rofl:

I held every single Glock they had in the store.  Some of them were really nice, but either the grip was just a little bit too short for my hand or they didn't feel "right".  I finally found one that I absolutely love, the handle hit my palm just right, it felt perfectly balanced in my hand, and it just screamed "Buy Me!".  So I did.  :yes:

Here is my new baby, a Glock 22 .40

hollysglock009pr4.jpg

hollysglock014wd6.jpg

I bought all the stuff I need to get started. :yes:

hollysglock001eq3.jpg

I went to a firing range today and signed up for a Beginner's Handgun Safety Class.  The range won't let me shoot if I don't have any experience.  Now, I wonder why that is? :whistle:  LOL!  Actually, I'm relieved that I will have someone experienced to walk me through range etiquette and safety issues.  The downside is, the first class doesn't start until April 9th! :cry:

I have been practicing loading and unloading my magazines.  My thumbs are KILLING me! :rofl:  The springs in the magazines are very stiff and it's really hard to load them, but I'm sure they will ease up with use.  I hope so anyway! :unsure:

I've also been practicing field stripping my pistol and putting it back together.  It's not hard to do since there are only four pieces involved.

fieldstrippedjo2.jpg

To be totally honest, it's a little big to try to carry it as a concealed weapon. :whistle:  But I have wanted a Glock for years and years, and I just couldn't resist getting this one! :thumbsup:

So, eventually, (like after I get a job! :rofl:) I'm going to get a S&W .38 snub nose revolver as my concealed weapon.  I love revolvers! :yes:

38ck2.jpg

Before you buy the S&W 38 check out a Springfield xD .40 subcompact.

I just bought one and it is just the right size for CC

Before you buy the S&W 38 check out a Springfield xD .40 subcompact.

I just bought one and it is just the right size for CC

Thanks, tfisher!  The Springfield looks pretty sweet too! :yes:

Thanks, everyone! :hug:  I PROMISE I'll be extra careful! :yes:  I realize what a huge responsibility gun ownership is and I don't take things like that lightly. 

I've been watching some really good short videos at expertvillage.com regarding gun safety and "how to" take care of a weapon correctly.  I wish I knew someone here in Charlotte to go shooting with but I don't, so I'm on my own with this. :grin:

Holly a trick I use in loading the clip. Instead of laying the shell down flat and then trying to push down the spring hold the shell up in your fingers with the flange end on the next shell and push it down that way and than lay the shell down into the magazine. It will save your finger tips.

Ill get a clip out of my truck and demonstrate what I ment tomorrow.

Holly a trick I use in loading the clip. Instead of laying the shell down flat and then trying to push down the spring hold the shell up in your fingers with the flange end on the next shell and push it down that way and than lay the shell down into the magazine. It will save your finger tips.

Ill get a clip out of my truck and demonstrate what I ment tomorrow.

That's how I did it too, Swede, but the spring is so tight in the magazine, it was still really hard to push the bullets in.

I practiced some more today and it did seem like it was a bit easier to load the magazine.  But I still can only get 13 rounds in, and not the full 15 that the magazine holds.

Its better to leave it short for awhile at least and dont leave the clip loaded for a long time. The springs will weaken eventually (probably not for a long time because of the quality of the Glock) 

Thanks, Sweedie-Pie.  Adi told me the same thing.  He said it's best not to stress out the spring like that.

Holly,

Nice pistol.  :thumbup: Once you start going to the range you will meet someone who will want to hang out and shoot with you. Now you will have to buy a re-loading set up and do your own reloads.

Well its hard to save money these days with loader supplies going up in price. Check on some wad cutters for your caliber gun. Their cheaper and dont kick as much.

OMG, I can see that I have a whole new vocabulary to learn! :rofl: 

I really do appreciate the advice and the information.  This is all so new to me. :yes:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A wadcutter is a bullet specially designed for shooting paper targets, usually at close range and with significantly subsonic velocities under 800 ft/s (244 m/s) such as are found in handgun and airgun competitions. A wadcutter has a flat or nearly flat front, which acts to cut a very clean hole through the target, making it easier to score and ideally reducing errors in scoring to the favor of the shooter. Because the flat nosed bullet is not well suited for feeding out of a firearm's magazine, wadcutters are normally used in revolvers or specially designed semi-automatic pistols. Target airguns generally shoot at even lower velocities, around 400 ft/s (122 m/s), so the use of wadcutters is nearly universal in airgun target shooting where paper targets are used. Flat-fronted airgun pellets are often referred to as "baldheaded Scotsmen" due to the shape and engraving on the lower half of a pellet resembling a kilt. Wadcutters are also sometimes known as the Devil's Suppository.

180pxwadcuttercompmp1.jpg

Wadcutters are also sometimes known as the Devil's Suppository.

:hugegrin:  I can imagine me going up to the clerk at Wally World and asking for some "Devil's Suppositories" and the clerk telling me to go to the pharmacy for them. :rofl:

That xD is the gun i am hoping to buy someday when i get enough money and have a job to support the plinking. I also have my ccw.

I'm still practicing loading and unloading the two magazines.  The springs are finally loosening up and I am able to load the magazines with very little cussing now.  :P  I can take the pistol apart and put it back together fairly quickly too.  Yippee!  I'm feeling more and more comfortable with it and I can't WAIT until my class in April.  Whoo Hoo!

I'm still practicing loading and unloading the two magazines.  The springs are finally loosening up and I am able to load the magazines with very little cussing now.  :P  I can take the pistol apart and put it back together fairly quickly too.  Yippee!  I'm feeling more and more comfortable with it and I can't WAIT until my class in April.  Whoo Hoo!

I keep getting visions of Cpl. Pile in "Full Metal Jacket".... do you have a name for your gun yet?

Call it "Ricky"..... short, a little chubby... sometimes hard to figure out... will always cover your back... and packs a wallup!  :naughty:

I know Swede will have something nasty to say about this post.

I can see Holly practicing here quick draw. "Go ahead make my day" :bandit: