WildSurvive Forum
Holly

"Everybody run! Holly's got a gun!"

Thanks, guys.  Just because the boys at the plant ride around with their shotguns hanging in the back window of their pickup trucks and they shoot deer standing at the back door of the plant doesn't mean they are the best source of information on gun laws in SC! :rofl:

Yeah the last time I knew a CCW permit was only good for the state you live in unless you have a CCW for the state you are traveling to.

Yeah the last time I knew a CCW permit was only good for the state you live in unless you have a CCW for the state you are traveling to.

Some states now have "reciprocity" laws, where they will recognize a permit from another state.  For instance, a NC permit may be good in KY. 

Yeah you may be right there KB. But until she knows for sure she is better to error on the side of caution then end up in jail. Then we would have to get Blue to bake her a cake with tools in it to get her out. happy097.gif

I cant see that there could be any laws about carring a pistol from one state to another unless it was conceled and or loaded on your person. If it is unloaded and in a case and not in proximity of a loaded clip there shouldnt be any laws about crossing a state line. Into Canada is different. No pistols in Canada.

I cant see that there could be any laws about carring a pistol from one state to another unless it was conceled and or loaded on your person. If it is unloaded and in a case and not in proximity of a loaded clip there shouldnt be any laws about crossing a state line. Into Canada is different. No pistols in Canada.

Or Mexico for that matter.  They'll throw you under  the jail for that!

Reciprocity laws:

http://www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

North Carolina permits are good in:

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, DE, FL*, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI*, MS, MO, MT, NH*, NM, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY

* Denotes that only permits issued by your state of legal residence are accepted

North Carolina recognizes the following permits:

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NH, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WY

Kentucky:  This state recognizes all permits issued by other states or political subdivisions

Here's another link:  http://www.handgunlaw.us/

And for some spare info, Holly:

http://www.womenandguns.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20021028012628/http://www.clipper.net/%7Enancyw/firearms/women.html

http://www.paxtonquigley.com/

Then we would have to get Blue to bake her a cake with tools in it to get her out. happy097.gif

That could take awhile, especially if he collaborates with Askdamice and antagonizer on the handle and the sheath! :o

Thanks, K-Bob!  Looks like Kentucky is the ONLY civilized state out there, accepting all other states' permits! :thumbsup: 

Thanks, K-Bob!  Looks like Kentucky is the ONLY civilized state out there, accepting all other states' permits! :thumbsup: 

Yeah, we figure why give the bad guys any breaks? 

Yeah you may be right there KB. But until she knows for sure she is better to error on the side of caution then end up in jail. Then we would have to get Blue to bake her a cake with tools in it to get her out. happy097.gif

Can't you just see Holly rattling a tin cup across the bars, hollering "Attica! Attica!"  :rofl:

Nice info there KBob, i understand you are a bit of a gun buff, over 20 Weapons? is that right.

Nice info there KBob, i understand you are a bit of a gun buff, over 20 Weapons? is that right.

Well, not quite that many.  More like 12 right now.  I'd love to be able to collect more, mostly some antiques.  That will have to wait until after the house is paid off in about 6 more years.

I went to my firearms safety class last night.  Whoo Hoo!  It was FUN!  The instructor was absolutely hilarious and had us in stitches the whole night.  I got to fire my Glock for the first time!  It was wonderful!

So, now I'm officially a safe "shooter".  :thumbsup:

So many targets...so little time... :hugegrin:

Congrats Holly.  Keep practicing. 

I just bought a few bricks the other day and man the stuff is becoming expensive.  Go whenever you get the chance so you can maintain.  Eventually you will be like Quick-Draw Mcgraw.   :cool:

Guest given to the sea...

I went to my firearms safety class last night.  Whoo Hoo!  It was FUN!  The instructor was absolutely hilarious and had us in stitches the whole night.  I got to fire my Glock for the first time!  It was wonderful!

So, now I'm officially a safe "shooter".  :thumbsup:

So many targets...so little time... :hugegrin:

~  8|

Yeah that same exact thought crossed my mind. 

I am sure Holly will be most proficient.  A markswoman.  Shooting from the hip. Yee-ha!

I am sure she will become a good shot. Eye dominance is very inportant and Holly has got good eye dominance. I think shooting a real full on pistol at .40 came as a bit of a surprise but i know she did well. Good on you Holly

Yeah, she's gonna be a good one, and thank goodness, so responsible!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bring it on girlfriend. 

Congrats the only reason to move to the us CCW.

Im gona go through the whole canadian process and its complicated take some tests written/practical and then submit the forms and even references i think. Wait a few weeks/months they get the paper work done then i can buy guns. Then if i get a handgun i need to get a permit to take to and from the range  8| but then i will hunt me some meese for good eatingz. moose0024.gif

I haven't been able to go since my grandmother moved in, but once we get into a good schedule, I plan on going back to the range. :guns: