WildSurvive Forum

I wonder if they're chigger proof?

Indiana has chiggers.  The way you protect from chiggers is high thick socks with a high topped boot or sneaker.  Then you put 100% DEET on the shoe all around the ankle as a preventative barrior.  Then you can use a lower dosage of DEET on the outside of the sock.  To complete this, then treat the bottom of the pant leg with strong DEET as well.  Refrain from laying on or rolling in the grass other than on a blanket or something to keep the grass away.

For more information:  http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2100.html

http://mdc.mo.gov/nathis/arthopo/chiggers/

I have good luck with raid ant and roach spray because its oil base and it sticks to your boots and pant legs.

I have good luck with raid ant and roach spray because its oil base and it sticks to your boots and pant legs.

Watch putting some of that stuff on.  Because it isn't rated for human contact, the carrier oils may cause allergic reactions and/or be carcinogenic upon contact with human skin.  As long as the stuff doesn't soak all the way through, I'd say you'd be ok, though.

My suggestion is treating with Permanone, the pyrethrin-based stuff that will stay in clothes for several washings, but degrades on contact with skin.

Guest given to the sea...

~ And don't EVER have sex in the woods on a whim!  :nono:  doh.gif  censored.gif

~ And don't EVER have sex in the woods on a whim!  :nono:   doh.gif   censored.gif

OH LORDY!!  That reminds me of when I was a camp counselor, and one night two of the other counselors slipped off into a grassy field for a...uhm...nature hike.  The next day she had "grass burns" all over and we kept asking him "Got any chiggers this morning, Fred?"  :rofl:

~ And don't EVER have sex in the woods on a whim!  :nono:  doh.gif  censored.gif

Yes, always plan out sex in the woods.

Sex in the woods? I had to bring some bushes in my bedroom when I got married so Id feel at home.  :unsure:

Guest given to the sea...

Sex in the woods? I had to bring some bushes in my bedroom when I got married so Id feel at home.   :unsure:

~ true story.... I was 19. Didn't even factor chiggers into the equation. I did after that though... BELIEVE ME... I did.  :upset:

live and learn.  cool14.gif