WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LOST

Recreational Vehicle Life Year Round - Snow Birds

Finding it out the hard way.   :rofl:  If I don't practice now while I can, I will wind up in a ditch or worse.  The season is great and WalMart has a huge parking lot to play in.  I just wish I had the cameras viewpoint on their storefronts.   happy097.gif  Sure would be a riot to see.  Bet their employees have a blast watching me run around in circles trying to learn how to back it in between two spaces.   happy097.gif   doh.gif   Missed again, dang, start over.   oops.gif  What was that?  :whistle:

Wish I had their view also, lol, I could use the laughs :D

Yeah, I am just waiting for them to turn the lights down one evening and leave me out there in the dark. 

Ah ha, can you say, Ninja RV?   :ninja:  ::)

Blacksmith, I am fine - doing just fine.  :arigato:

I would like to be a better driver with the RV than I am with just a vehicle alone.  :woot:

Yeah, I am just waiting for them to turn the lights down one evening and leave me out there in the dark. 

Ah ha, can you say, Ninja RV?   :ninja:  ::)

Blacksmith, I am fine - doing just fine.   :arigato:

I would like to be a better driver with the RV than I am with just a vehicle alone.  :woot:

Well...., if you make it to the point where you can back that thing into parking spaces between two cars...., even with the lights on, you are going to be the most impressive RV driver ever

No she is just going to pull through those spaces happy097.gif And watch her test drives and learning will be one of Wally worlds best selling DVD's :woot:

Hey I have copyright rights, don't I?  Shouldn't I get royalties or something. 

I can see certain deductions for the tree I ran over on the island, or the lightpole that's leaning ever so slightly, or even a few bucks for that pedestrian crossing sign. 

The pedestrian is still in the RV.  Tire inflator won't work on him anymore.    oops.gif    happy097.gif

I was thinking of using him for a jackstand base once he dries out completely.  Just fold him in half and slide him under the front jack.  :yes:

Mist, I am just hoping I can get to that point.  I will do it over and over until it feels natural.

Yeah, I went out and bought a longer electric cord (30 amp) and adapter to fit the 110 outside wall outlet.

There is a weather radio built inside, plus I have my portable from Radio Shack.  They are great to have.  Matter of fact I even have  latitude/longitude maps to coordinate with on bad storm cells that may be a factor.

the only factor is how to navigate towards these storm cells

You are so right. 

When most folks would consider heading away, I would drive right into one.   doh.gif

Where's my camera and video cam?  :cam:

I will be looking into some decent topline equipment for this mobile shoebox.  My son has agreed to hook up the satellite system so I can stay in contact with everyone.  :thumbsup: 

the only factor is how to navigate towards these storm cells

Just follow the wall cloud! That's where the mesocyclone will develop.

I just might. OMG, I can see the contents of the RV being spilled out as it spills up in some tornado.  AND there goes LOST.  scared011.gif

well it will be ok as long as you don't spot the woman on the bike with the dog. Or you will end up in Kanas. You will have to change your name though. happy097.gif :whistle:

So how is the RV coming along? Got everything done in it? Have the sat hooked up now? I will have to get you the plans for building a LED light bar. Then you can have it incase of a power outage or just if you need it. It will run along time on a 7 volt battery.

Now that sounds interesting.  Thanks.

It is totally road ready except for perishables in the refrigerator, and a place to call home.

That will be coming in time.

My son will be working on the SAT when he gets back.  Everything in time.

Hey LOST!!!  I hadn't heard much from you lately and was a bit worried, but when I did a search, I think we just been passing in the night.  Anyhow, if you still have the big RV, I thought this web site might be handy.

http://www.flyingj.com/programs/frequent.cfm

Tess and I have always found the flying J travel plazas to be fairly well run, and they cater to the professional trucker, so the store besides having food, has a pretty big trucker bling section.  Often there are handy items for the frequent traveller as well.

Good info - THANKS.  I will check into it.  I have been gadding about and taking some trips, but not quite ready for the long haul yet.  Still working out some details on selling the house, takes too long for my taste, but it is up to banks and the market.

Just don't get the small dog to go with it. I have a habit of talking bad about RV-ers. All they do is park at a campsite, put up their satellite TV, and walk the dog around the camp circle once, and go to bed. They don't hardly ever get outside. I can't figure out how they call it camping. Don't become like one of them. Get a woods bike or even a small dirtbike!

Actually, it will just be me.  Where I set up, it should be as secluded as I can get.  If not it will get as close to remote as possible and I will hike in a ways.  Always ready to hone the skills.  Thanks Joe.