WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mtwolfsbane

new to forum

Hello,

I am Mtwolfsbane. I am from Montana. I am a Bowhunter Safety Instructor, Fire Captain of a Volunteer Department, and I spend most of my free time in the backside of beyond.

I teach some wilderness survival, urban survival, and what I call "keep 'em alive" first aid.

I have been a hunter, fisherman and trapper most of my life, and just living in Montana can be a survival experience in itself so I learned to keep myself and whoever is with me alive in most situations I find myself in. (That includes a couple of wars).

I like the looks of this site and hope to learn a lot. My grandfather told me years ago, it never hurts to learn anything, because what you know, nobody can take away.

I hope I can bring some of my own experiences to the table and give information that the other members find useful as well.

all gave some, some gave all.

Mtwolfsbane:

Always a pleasure to have a new member and particularly one able to give out a little more on survival.

We all need constant upgrading, especially in line with those related to personal experiences.  No better way to learn.

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Again ... WELCOME to Wild Survive.

Guest blacksmith

Hello,

I am Mtwolfsbane. I am from Montana. I am a Bowhunter Safety Instructor, Fire Captain of a Volunteer Department, and I spend most of my free time in the backside of beyond.

I teach some wilderness survival, urban survival, and what I call "keep 'em alive" first aid.

I have been a hunter, fisherman and trapper most of my life, and just living in Montana can be a survival experience in itself so I learned to keep myself and whoever is with me alive in most situations I find myself in. (That includes a couple of wars).

I like the looks of this site and hope to learn a lot. My grandfather told me years ago, it never hurts to learn anything, because what you know, nobody can take away.

I hope I can bring some of my own experiences to the table and give information that the other members find useful as well.

all gave some, some gave all.

I live in Alaska so hi from Alaska hope to hear from you soon would like that a lot

Welcome to the Forums.  Enjoy.  Sorry to take so long, but have been kind of busy and actually missed some of the new arrivals.  I've been through your part of the world....I wish we lived in such a beautiful area.

WOOPS I missed this thread.  :blush:  Welcome Mtwolfsbane we seem to have something in common. I spend a lot of my time on my backside too :P

Good to see you here. Happy posting.

Welcom to the forum Wolfbane.  It's always good to see someone with quit a bit of experience like yourself join our ranks.  The more knowledge the better.

Welcome to the forum!

Its nice to have a knowledgeable person join us.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :hugegrin:

I hope I can provide some meaningful contributions to the forum.

To THEKING648, I have been to Utah a few times, there is some really great country there, really fantastic rock formations and the old Anastazi sites are really something.

Blacksmith, I have never been to Alaska, but it has always been one of my goals. Montana and Alaska have a lot in common, large, remote, and huge areas of land that can challenge the best outdoorsman. Not to mention lots of grizzlys and wolves. Keeps camping trips exciting!

If anyone has any specific questions I can help with, please feel free to either post or PM me.

I look forward to learning a lot from this site and the people here. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Guest blacksmith

no grizzlys on this island but lots of blacks

Another MT fellow!  Welcome!  :thumbsup:  I'm displaced out-of-state for school, but hope to be back in a year.

Where do you get out into the wild?  I've covered most of the W/SW portion of the state.  Best trips have been up into the Bob.

Hey Cleric,

I am from SW Mt as well, grew up in Bozeman. Never went to the Bob, but I have done the Scapegoat and spent a lot of time in the Absorka-Beartooth. Some wicked country back there!

This spring be glad you are somewhere else, the snow and cold just won't let go. The bears are just starting to come out of their dens! But I know what you mean, no matter where in the world I was, nothing compared to here.