WildSurvive Forum
Cleric

Another new wanderer

Evening! 

I'm always looking for people to be in conversation about outdoor skills, bushcraft, camping, and hiking.  So, I'm happy to have found this little corner of the internet.  Looking forward to adding a bit and taking a bit away (in the way of knowledge). 

I'm a displaced Rocky Mountain boy.  I'm in ND till July and then in Iowa for a year for schooling.  After that, we'll hopefully roll back towards the mountains that I love.  Being in all these flat places really challenges a guy who is used to mountain-based recreation!

Edit: I should also add that I really dig the "family-oriented" emphasis.  Too much garbage out there on the web.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

- Adam  :hugegrin:

Adam,

Good to have you here.

There sure is enough knowledge around this form to leave you looking for a good while. We enjoy meeting new people to the site and to the skill so if you have anything you've wanted to try, just ask and maybe someone is really good at that skill and can help and in the same if you're really good at one skill, be sure to let us all know.

Gandar

Thanks for the welcomes! 

Survivor Kid - I will be in Dubuque.  Not quite a full year there, just two semesters.  Where in the mid-west are you located?

Dave and Theking - Geocachers!  My wife and I love it.  We haven't gotten as many done since the kiddos came along, but still try to find a cache or two a year.  I'll have to add our profile badge to my signature here at some point.  Great activity.

As for proficiency in skills, I have a lot of good generalized knowledge for the northern Rockies.  Have logged a lot of hours hiking and mt. biking.  Spent many, many days and nights out with the scouts.  And, as an Eagle Scout, I know how to set the best fires on the planet.  Isn't that what Eagle Scouts are trained in? :D

Welcome Cleric. Im just the opposite Im NOT A MOUNTAIN BOY. I got up in the Rockies at Colorado Springs in a snow storm and decided Im a flat lander.  :)

Look around theres always someone around to shoot the bull with. The campfire thread is a good place to get acquainted.

Welcome to Wild Survive Cleric.  Go to have you aboard. Great bunch of people here.  :woot:

Welcome to the Forums.  Enjoy.  I've been out west 4 times and enjoyed every trip immensely.  Visited North Dakota a couple of times and liked the solitude there as well.  Never will forget Tess and I driving 80 miles an hour trying to catch a huge dust devil we could see about 3 or 4 miles away.

Hey there, a mountain boy - nice :) Same story here, born in the mountains - moved to flat land but escaping every time I can back to my beloved landscape :)

Welcome to the forum, Cleric!  We're always glad to meet new members, and don't forget to check out the geocaching thread in the "Off Topic" area!  :hugegrin:

Wow.  Friendly place!  I like it!  Thank you for the welcomes!

A mountain lovin' pyro I am and always will be!