WildSurvive Forum
antagonizer

Just another reason to hunt this bird...

I came across this vid online today and it just re-enforces my opinion that these flying rats need their damn goose's cooked.  Really, I know they're a protected species up here, but all they do is crap all over our parks, eat all the vegetation and attack animals and children.  How do I start a petition to waste a few thousand of these  censored.gif?

Check this vid out, Poor dog...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c59_1210161244

I'm a nature lover, but pass me a rifle and a bible cause by god, I'm going hunting.  :curse:

I love geese!  Especially with a lot of garlic...

Ironic post, I just nailed a canada goose with my work truck this morning. All bow heads in mourning.

They are in fact one of the most noisy dirty destructive animals in the woods and now moving into urban settings. However no one can deny the sight and sound of migrating geese spring and fall. Its one of those "sounds across time"

The farmers around here sit up against open bales of hay and get dozens a year.  Up where I get my stock of produce the farmer had a mound of them stacked under an apple tree in the orchard this past winter.   Not so protected around here Antagonizer.  There is a heavy migratory path over these parts so we will try harder to pick up the pace a little more this year for you, to make up the difference of what might come your way, since you can't hunt them.  :guns:

That poor dog just wanted to get out of there.  :yes:

I thought this was gonna be about hunting....

bigbirdga0.jpg

Seriously, I can't stand geese.  Here there is alot of restrictions on hunting them because they are "not our geese". They migrate from Canada.  I guess they just come here to mess up the ponds and fields and stuff.  So far as I am concerned......they can keep their geese.   :)

That guy in the video really did show alot of restraint.  He had his hand around that goose's neck several times, but didn't wring it.  I don't know if I'd have gone as long as he did without twisting that goose's neck around several times. :dead:

No doubt there Bob, I was thinking the exact same thing.  One less flying rat. These critters are an embarrassment to their name.  I'll wager they do as much damage down south as they do up here, so Lost, I'm counting on you to reduce the populations for next year.  I'll do my part up here.  I can't hunt them, but when they decide to cross the 401, then they're on my turf and at the mercy of my bumper. LOL!

I know that they can be a pain,but, don't forget that its us humans who are encroaching on natures habitats. The same attitude was taken with the wolf poulations and look what happened with that. The same can be said about racoons, skunks, deer, and a whole lot of other critters. Its not the fault of the geese that parks and golf courses spring up along what used to be resting stops for them. Ok, I'll get off of my soap box now. :hugegrin: :wave:

Oh I have about a 100 of them behind where I work. And along with seagulls I see more of them than anything else. I think we could use a open season year round on them. :guns:

They are destructive for sure. And if I had been that dog that goose would be shorter in the neck now. Or the guy could have used it for muskie bait. :woot:

I know that they can be a pain,but, don't forget that its us humans who are encroaching on natures habitats. The same attitude was taken with the wolf poulations and look what happened with that. The same can be said about racoons, skunks, deer, and a whole lot of other critters. Its not the fault of the geese that parks and golf courses spring up along what used to be resting stops for them. Ok, I'll get off of my soap box now. :hugegrin: :wave:

You're entitled Shrek.   :thumbup:  

And it would be true, but they more populous than the other critters mentioned.  Every year here the hunters are limited on their bag, but they could double that number for five years and have no profound affect on the number of Canadian Geese.  I live in open farm country along the Susquehanna River where it dumps into the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.  The geese outnumber just about everything down here year round.  This is one area they love, all ... year ... round.   There are always geese in these ponds and fields and on the river.  We need more eagles than geese.  :thumbsup:  The seagulls can leave for a while too.  Everytime we park near a fast food place, then walk right up the hood of the car to beg.  Then they poop.  8|  :ranting:

Can you imagine what the animals are saying about us? :blink:

Not really intended to be funny... but oh well.... go ahead and snicker.

Rick

Don't get me wrong Shrek, I'm usually on the side of the animal population. Being a neo-anarcho-primitivist, I think that all animals would benefit from a culled human herd, however I think they are 'over' protected. 

The problem lies with our inability to preserve a balance.  Most of the natural predators that hunted these pests are gone from the landscape, so like the critters on rat island in Alaska, they're mating themselves into a plague. 4-5 geese on a beach can be a pleasant sight, but 50-100 is a hazard to human, and animal health as their droppings raise the coliform counts in the local waterways. Water that we swim in and often live off of.

As much as I hate humans interfering with nature, sometimes it's the only way to preserve the balance....and my sanity. lol

Don't get me wrong Shrek, I'm usually on the side of the animal population. Being a neo-anarcho-primitivist, I think that all animals would benefit from a culled human herd, however I think they are 'over' protected. 

The problem lies with our inability to preserve a balance.  Most of the natural predators that hunted these pests are gone from the landscape, so like the critters on rat island in Alaska, they're mating themselves into a plague. 4-5 geese on a beach can be a pleasant sight, but 50-100 is a hazard to human, and animal health as their droppings raise the coliform counts in the local waterways. Water that we swim in and often live off of.

As much as I hate humans interfering with nature, sometimes it's the only way to preserve the balance....and my sanity. lol

A well thought out reply... as usual, Ant. You often mix logic and emotion into a seductive cocktail, my friend.... your place or mine? :naughty:

Akward................. :unsure:

Oh Lordy  :nono: One guy with a sneer and the other in a gas mask.  doh.gif