WildSurvive Forum
Fusion

Whats your favorite fish?

Grouper is one of my all time favorites.

I also like flounder, blues, shark, sword steak, and perch (bones - lots of bones, but sweet meat.)

Tuna and salmon cakes.

Fix it any way you like and fish of any kind is good.

Bravo:

To me, shark tastes like pee.

YUCK.

The meat has a high urea content.  That is why the Japanese take only the fins.

The best-eating fish on the planet is a wrasse.

It is called:  "Hogfish".  The one in this picture is a world record.  Lookit the SIZE if his open mouth!!

Most of them are about 15" long...

Larryhog.jpg

The meat is snow-white, and is so good you can eat it COLD out of the refrigerator the next day...

You cannot catch these fish on a line.  You can only SHOOT them.  I would turn away from a broiled steak for hogfish, and that is no error.

Unca Walt

never heard of it, but from what you are saying there is no connection between hogfish and hoggish  :rofl:

You ate shark LOST? We don't have that around here. How does it tastes?

I couldn't say what type it was, except that it was served like fish steak.   :hugegrin:  Unca Walt, mine didn't taste like pee.  :rofl:

It was a boneless and tasty morsel that I had.  Perhaps it was the fin? Just good.  Still love grouper the most.

I couldn't say what type it was, except that it was served like fish steak.   :hugegrin:  Unca Walt, mine didn't taste like pee.  :rofl:

It was a boneless and tasty morsel that I had.  Perhaps it was the fin? Just good.  Still love grouper the most.

Lol, it was shark...., of course it was boneless. I've eaten several black tips down in Tampa and it didn't taste like pee to me either..., I thought it was quite good, done in just the right mix of spices, cooked on a habotchi with some shrimp. The Red Fish is good down there too but I'll have to agree with Big Blue here definitely Rainbow Trout, fried or broiled!!

I can only eat freshwater fish.  My very favorite is trout rolled in breadcrumbs and sauteed in butter.  MMMMmmmm!  And my second favorite is salt and pepper catfish.  Oh, gee, I'm hungry now...

Guest taken by the wind...

~ what if you ate a Brackish water fish?  :unsure:  Could you eat one of those?

Are you allergic to Salmon? Are you allergic to all seafood? Seafood allergies are usually for life, you don't outgrow them. some people though are only allergic to some fish species in the sea, but can eat others.

Next time I go camping with you, we'll do an experiment. LOL!  :P :whistle: happy097.gif

I've eaten seafood all of my life, until about 8 years ago.  Twice after eating it, within 20 minutes, I felt really bad, like I was coming down with the flu. :unsure:  And I broke out in hives. :scared:  And during the same year, I was having horrible itching attacks and I was breaking out in hives.  So, my doctor sent me to an allergist and that's when I found out I had a whole bunch of allergies.  I knew about cats and dogs and mold and dust and stuff, but I never suspected food allergies.

I'm allergic to saltwater fish, shellfish, oats, stringbeans, and coffee.  Those are the worst.  Then I have a huge list of lesser allergies to stuff like pork, corn, milk, eggs, barley, oranges, etc.  I can eat those things, but only in small quantities.

It took me about a year to modify my diet.  But I eventually got used to it.  Now, instead of thinking of all the things I can't eat, I think of all the things I can eat!  And some things are worth itching for! :thumbsup:

cooked any way, broiled, or otherwise charred is best to me.

love my trout, perch, Pickerel(walley to the folk of the USA)as for the trout we have some awesome runs of brown trout around here.....dammit know i want to break out my fly rod......and its not season for em yet!@

not a fan of bass, they taste very "grassy" in this area of ontario