WildSurvive Forum
Fusion

Whats your favorite fish?

To answer this post "correctly" I wll answer this:

A: Ocean Species

1) In a fish tank - Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola)

2) In my mouth - Wahoo (Acanthocybium solandri)

B: Freshwater Species

1) In a fish tank - Piranha

2) In my mouth - Bluegill -or- any stream trout (toss up on that one)

+1.  Hogfish totally kicks it!

The best-eating fish on the planet is a wrasse.

It is called:  "Hogfish".  The one in this picture is a world record.  Lookit the SIZE if his open mouth!!

Most of them are about 15" long...

Larryhog.jpg

The meat is snow-white, and is so good you can eat it COLD out of the refrigerator the next day...

You cannot catch these fish on a line.  You can only SHOOT them.  I would turn away from a broiled steak for hogfish, and that is no error.

Unca Walt

I haven't spent a lot of time fishinng or eating fish sence I was 8 but from that I remeber rainbow trout is good. But then again when I go fishing I don't go out for a specific fish I go out for what ever I can get on my hook

For eating, Red Snapper.  For fishing, German Brown Trout and for pure size, Sturgeon.  My personal largest was a bit over 72 inches and they aren't bad eating either.  No bones.

Eating wise...fried Walleye and Crappie, Brook Trout on the grill/fire, pickled Northern Pike and Cajun Style Catfish  oops.gif can't leave out smoked Bullheads.

Game fish...Small/Large Mouth Bass and Muskie

~ I like Firemouth Cichlids, they're interesting enough to be a nice specimen fish in the tank, but at the same time, if you only keep one, they can be quite docile for a South American Cichlid. You can put them with most other South American tetras and they won't do much damage. The bigger they get the better their colors are, and they stay a nice manageable size never outgrowing most tanks.  :thumbup:

~ I like Firemouth Cichlids, they're interesting enough to be a nice specimen fish in the tank, but at the same time, if you only keep one, they can be quite docile for a South American Cichlid. You can put them with most other South American tetras and they won't do much damage. The bigger they get the better their colors are, and they stay a nice manageable size never outgrowing most tanks.  :thumbup:

How do you fry them up?

i love bluegill and croppie for eating, walleye is good and yes snow walker, smoked bullhead is great, one of my favorites. i also like smoked carp, if done right its hard to tell from smoked salmon.  rock bass is good to. still love my fried catfish in beer batter though.  and taken...how does a firemouth cichlids tast  :P

i love bluegill and croppie for eating, walleye is good and yes snow walker, smoked bullhead is great, one of my favorites. i also like smoked carp, if done right its hard to tell from smoked salmon.  rock bass is good to. still love my fried catfish in beer batter though.  and taken...how does a firemouth cichlids tast  :P

She kills enough of them Razor so you would think she has a recipe...right????