WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrCoffee

Thank GAWD for the UN.......

Bangkok - The United Nations will send nearly a quarter of a million condoms into cyclone-hit Myanmar to help needy survivors with no access to contraceptives, a UN official said Tuesday.

So far the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) says it has sent 72 800 condoms to survivors struggling to maintain their family planning after the storm hit in early May.

A total of 218,400 condoms will be delivered, UNFPA aid advisor Chaiyos Kunanusont said.

"We don't want regular use of contraception disrupted. An emergency usually damages the health system, so people don't have access to condoms and contraceptives," said Chaiyos.

Flights are also carrying reproductive health kits, which include razors for cutting umbilical cords, clean sheets for delivering babies and enough contraceptive pills and injections to last 3 390 women three months.

The supplies are meant to serve about 300 000 people, Chaiyos said.

Cyclone Nargis left 2,4 million people in desperate need of food, medicine and shelter, the UN estimates, but Chaiyos said not all of the affected people would need family planning supplies.

"Not every single woman is using contraceptives in Myanmar. We're basing this on regular habits," he said.

Cyclone Nargis left at least 133 000 people dead and missing, and aid groups have complained that supplies are not getting to survivors quickly enough because of limitations imposed by the ruling junta.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=31&art_id=nw20080520124032103C810837

I was thinking maybe food and water would have helped them more but what the hell do I know. :blink:  They are a big ole govement and I'm just a redneck in the middle of nowheres. censored.gif

Well thank God the last thing we need is a pregnant starving woman.  :mad:

~ too bad they couldn't send those condoms to Africa to stop the spread of AIDS there.

It's just like a bunch of stupid politicians though...  what empathy they must have. They put themselves in those folk's shoes, and that's what they decided to send? I guess they think the rest of the world is as depraved as they are. I've never been sick with dyssentary, or malaria, or dengue fever, while starving, without shelter, or food. Who knows, maybe it does make you feel like reproducing ?  :unsure:

Maybe some of the UN members thought there may be a need for themselves when they go into the country. 

Heavens knows that some of them did when in the Sudan.

Can anyone say they were not thinking of themselves?

The UN the worst thing ever created

I agree completely! I am afraid they  play a key role in the establishment of a one world government. It seems to be the direction they would most like to travel. Thats just my .02 though. 

The UN started out as a great idea  :idea:  , but the same thing that always happens came about: the bureaucrats.  Then they started to think that instead of helping to keep peace between nations, "Wouldn't it be nice if we could run  these nations?" 

We should just withdraw from the UN, see what happens when the United States and our MONEY is gone.