WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woodsman

My pack and some random gear

My Tallon and whats inside.....I tend to carry a lot (IMO) but its mostly for reaserch and testing out new methods of doin this or that.....The Steri Pen is actually one of those items Im workin on blowin up or gettin it to do somethin  other than what its supposed to LOL. My fire pouch, fire piston, SP8, binoculars.....enjoy

Picture226.jpg

Picture225.jpg

Picture224.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Picture222.jpg

Picture221.jpg

Picture220.jpg

Picture219.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Picture217.jpg

And my every day carry.....Blackberry, my new Leatherman Charge with a fero rod, and my Noma flashlight

Picture227.jpg

Picture228.jpg

Good lookin' kit woods, how do you like the steri-pen? I've been looking at those but am still unsure as I've had no personal input on them from a real person lol. I like the way you used the maccasin for size ref on the SP-8, is that one of the older ones with the good saw? Ever had to use that snake bite kit?

IMO the saw has always been crap....It does come in handy for notchin snares and traps though.....and no Ive never had to use the snake bite kit.....Never even used to carry one but Wendy kept gettin on me about catchin snakes and not havin one LOL

Honestly I have never even used the Steri Pen....It was bought purely to take appart and make something of it.......I love my job LOL

I've actually tried one of the steri-pens.  It belonged to a AT thru hiker that I met in Vermont.  It will kill everything in the water but the only drawback is that you will still have sediment/ material in the water.  It can be easily filtered or strained though.  I think it took between 90 seconds to 2 minutes to use.  Personally I preffer a filter.

I really should try it to see how it works before I tear it up........the things are expensive though....think it was like 150. I  have another gadget thats somewhat simmilar (Ill get a pick) but it makes some kind of brine solutioin....havent tried that either but that damn thing cost even more....

Ok so heres a pic of the thingy........and I threw in a pick of my "Tear it up and blow it up" workshop....LOL If Wendy only knew how many times Ive almost burned the house down.........

Picture231.jpg

Picture229.jpg

Picture230.jpg

Heres a link for this thing  http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/gear.tcl?gear=msr-miox&gear_id=123&action=showgear

And I did get them from Algonquin Outfitters.......so they tend to be pricy on stuff anyway......

IMO the saw has always been crap....It does come in handy for notchin snares and traps though.....and no Ive never had to use the snake bite kit.....Never even used to carry one but Wendy kept gettin on me about catchin snakes and not havin one LOL

Honestly I have never even used the Steri Pen....It was bought purely to take appart and make something of it.......I love my job LOL

The old SP-8 I had had a great saw on it, it was a "double-row" saw made like the ones on the Explora by Marto of Spain, and the Aitors...., also from Spain. It was wonderful for making trigger notches and grooves to tie cordage in when building shelters and it would cut 1/2" deep grooves in dry wood with only a few passes. The "new" saw design goes back to the "Airborn" design like the ones on the Ontario made U.S. issue pilots survival knife (tough as h#ll knife, crappy saw) which is only intended for tearing sheat metal without screwing up the primary edge on the blade. At one time Ontario made a whole line of things dedicated to the Airborn; the standard combat utility..., their version of the Ka-Bar, machetes, bayonets...everything. I am still thinking of getting one of the solar steri-pens...., one of the good things..., likely the only good thing, about living in a place with a lower economy is that the standard one is only $95.00 plus tax at the outfitters here. I'll have to look into that miox also. Let us know what you make out of it, I would be interested in knowing. I was thinking the solar powered one could have other possible uses for the solar charger. Here, along the rivers and in all of the swampy areas there are so many cotton mouths that a snake bite kit is a good idea as most people don't really understand the proper use of a tournekit they'd likely do more harm than good with one.

Well I have yet to see a snake up here......had plenty of cotton mouths n watermocs at home though.....cute little things

You had a nice break down buck saw at one time. What happened to that?    cool14.gif

Wheres the condoms?  :unsure:

Oh yah thats all you need to do is burn her house down. Virginia here I come.  :wave:

Well I have yet to see a snake up here......had plenty of cotton mouths n watermocs at home though.....cute little things

My cat brought a small copperhead up on the porch the other day and gave it to her kittens

You had a nice break down buck saw at one time. What happened to that?    Ask Immigration

Wheres the condoms?   :unsure:  Dont need them....hee hee hee

That whole thing is Fd up.........I had to get rid of books, tools, half my clothes, a couple packs, and 3 pillows......just rediculouse.......Damn Canadians........LOL

That whole thing is Fd up.........I had to get rid of books, tools, half my clothes, a couple packs, and 3 pillows......just rediculouse.......Damn Canadians........LOL

Books, clothes....,pillows ??? WTF! Did they say why?  Well, lol......, there go any thoughts I might have had on moving to Canada.

nice stuff woodsmen. blown stuff up is fun. you do have a good job. yea my nephew got deported from England and they took away his small MT. Rainer pocket knife.wow. :uhuh:

Books, clothes....,pillows ??? WTF! Did they say why?  Well, lol......, there go any thoughts I might have had on moving to Canada.

Well technically Im labled a terrorist and a threat to Canadian National security.....LONG story..........

Well technically Im labled a terrorist and a threat to Canadian National security.....LONG story..........

I guess at the time you were developing that label weren't thinking about marrying a Canadian girl lol.

No......Canadian Girls Ex is the reason why........

Oh...., gotta love spitefull @$$holes...., I have an ex that's like that....., all the time I have quiet, private little celebrations in my own head that she is gone :)

I guess once you get put on the list its hell to get back off of it.

If they're like what I've heard about the U.S. it's almost impossible to get back off of it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh But the Premier of Ontario (Governor) is a Les fan.....sent him an email last week and got the personal info for the head of Canadian Immigration.........and then got the PMs personal info........so the letters are out there........

I wont hesitate to work contacts LOL