WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Wild pictures

Archer - Where are you? Like Swede, I'm having trouble placing the vegitation... and the adobe.

The Steelhead say coastal Northwest, but the vegetation the old adobe building say AZ, NM, or SoCal. Except for that Sycamore tree.... that's a European variety I thought.

Hummm, Camel river... time to Google!

Great shots RA, thanks.

These are pictures of our north bottom land on our farm here in mid west Illinois.

This is the corn field now picked that we are putting into perminate set aside. First one looking east.11.3 acres

northbottom001ql1.jpg

Looking west ridge containing large oak trees. This field floods at times being boardered by Cedar creek

northbottom002jo8.jpg

North of the field bottom ground growing up because we sold the cows and dont pasture it anymore

northbottom003ki4.jpg

northbottom004lb5.jpg

Cedar creek very low water because of drought

northbottom005tc6.jpg

This is an example of a deer trail just to the left of center and moving towards the top. I know its hard to see.

northbottom007fb7.jpg

The difference between a rub and a scrape. This is a rub where they rub their antlers on a tree. Some think the bigger the tree the bigger the buck.

northbottom008lr0.jpg

This is a scrape. They paw the ground(note the hoof marks) to clear away the ground cover and then urinate on the spot. Does will stay near these spots if their in the mood. Hunters will recognise the freshness of the scrapes and wait near these spots. Bucks will travel a scrape line constantly day and night and will be along sooner or later.

northbottom009gk6.jpg

Hey Swede ... that's a very nice piece of land you got here buddy ;) and thanks for that last picture ... i found something similar on my last hike and was wondering what it could have been and i know there are deer in the area.

here's what the spots i found look like:

img1694mn3.jpg

img1697ix1.jpg

Dear Mooseman>

The two pictures you posted of the deer scrapes tell a story. The first picture clearly shows the width of the hoof of the buck that made them. So does the second. Theres an obvious difference in the width of the two. The first buck is much larger than the second. The second isnt much more then a yearling and I would guess the first is a two year old and probably a six pointer give or take.

Here are my pics from my hike today!  Crowders Mountain State Park in North Carolina.  I wrote a short story about my adventures in the Outdoor Tales section.  Check it out, it'll make you roll your eyes and then laugh!

crowdersmountain001mq1.jpg

crowdersmountain002mx8.jpg

crowdersmountain003cp1.jpg

crowdersmountain004xt3.jpg

crowdersmountain005tp3.jpg

crowdersmountain006bb2.jpg

crowdersmountain007lj3.jpg

crowdersmountain008bu3.jpg

crowdersmountain009iv3.jpg

crowdersmountain010xg3.jpg

crowdersmountain011sd1.jpg

crowdersmountain012ov1.jpg

crowdersmountain013ee5.jpg

(had to reload)

Guest Lead Dog

Holly, that place is gorgeous!  You certainly went at the right time of year.  The colors are beautiful.

WHAT A GAL good job Holly nice pics Im proud of ya. Went by your self?

Plenty of room to get lost up there. Just the way I like it. :thumbsup:

Thanks, my friends!  You were all there with me in spirit!  I thought about every single one of you while I was sitting on top of the mountain and wishing you could be there with me.

hey holly did you have that big knife on your side like i told you too>?

Yes, I did!  LOL!