WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woodsman

Dont Rely On Gear

Havin cool gear and knowing how to use it can make an experience that much more fun, but gear will never be a substitute for knowledge of survival skills and ingenutiy/creativity.

you may find yourself in a situation in which you will have NO gear and need to rely on other means to survive.

there is no better multi-tool than your own brain.

but don't get me wrong, I love gear :D

Yes, I agree with you. Thats why I'm saying mastering bow drill method is a must. Everyone keeps saying: "whenever I'll go on a hike I'll take the mag bar with me, so I won't ever be in a survival situation without one". They never think they could end up in a survival situation when they least expect it, a war could start and you could be forced to leave the city while at the movies. Will you have all the gear on you? No.

Knowledge is better than gear (usually) :)

I couldn't agree more. With that, there is something that I think is very important in a survival situation as well as life, that most people I come across lack. It is called COMMON SENSE! Just plain old using your brain in a way that works. You can come up with alot if you take the time to think. Many problems have a very practical solution.

Yes, I have to agree with you. Unfortunately, I still need a lot of Common Sense. :D I do agree with the bow drill as an essential survival skill to learn and be proficient at.

once you have the knowledge and common sense ... PRACTICE PRACTICE AND PRACTICE, make sure that you know how to use that knowledge, there's nothing worse to self esteem then knowing something from a book/online/etc. and not being able to get that to work when you really need it.