WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Weyfarere

Weyfarere's pics

These are a few photos that I took this year. There’s not a lot of rainfall here and the green season is short; mid February to mid March or so. These were taken the last week of February.

The California Poppy is our state flower and covers the hillsides in many parts of the state.

CAPoppies.jpg

Drivewaypoppies.jpg

CanyonPoppies.jpg

Some little wildflowers:

Wildflowers.jpg

“Cucamonga manroot” in bloom.

Manroot.jpg

And this is after a hailstorm. I was trying to clear dry brush away from the house.... in May.  :)

sideyard.jpg

Guest blacksmith

grate pics and no snakes that is good

Thanks! 

Sunset is when I find the snakes to be the most active.

The "green" doesn't last very long and quickly turns to brown. Then when the Santa Ana winds start, dust clouds become a hazard.

Guest blacksmith

yeah I know just joking still do not like them they can hide

Sounds like there are many hazzardous things about your area..., should make for good pics, just take care in the process.

yeah I know just joking still do not like them they can hide

And they do! Inside the garage and under the cars/trucks can be risky... had that happened a few times. It's just a matter of looking where you step and not get in a hurry. Rattlesnakes don't always rattle and I've mistaken a baby one for a lizard before. I doubt my little garden shovel would do very well against a bear. happy097.gif

Sounds like there are many hazzardous things about your area..., should make for good pics, just take care in the process.

Thank you Mistwalker! I'm trying. Hopefully, I'll get some pictures of the tarantulas soon... they start crawling about anytime now.  :)

Guest blacksmith

yeah it would not do good but I have a 10 gauge that works real good  8|

yeah it would not do good but I have a 10 gauge that works real good  8|

:thumbup:

Hmmmm, now if I were to use one of those on a snake.....    :idea:

I think the only thing that would be left is the shot shell cartridge!

Guest blacksmith

that is good right the bear have big holes in them to  happy097.gif

Guest blacksmith

no one likes my gun they think it is to big but it will stop most things

Guest blacksmith

not much just one or two feet  happy097.gif

Nice pictures Weyfarere. Baby rattlers have more concentrated poison they tell me.

Thanks for the pics.  :thumbup:

Guest blacksmith

there is no place like it it is still free if you like the out doors you would love Alaska

Nice pics Weyfarere. I know about it getting brown out there. And all the creepy crawly things also. You forgot the scorpions

Nice pictures Weyfarere. Baby rattlers have more concentrated poison they tell me.

Thanks for the pics.  :thumbup:

Thanks!  Yes they are from what I've read, because they aren't able to control their venom.

Nice pics Weyfarere. I know about it getting brown out there. And all the creepy crawly things also. You forgot the scorpions

The scorpions here are small... the largest I've seen is about 3 inches in length.  The really cool thing about them, is that you can see them with a blacklight at night. The smaller ones flatten out when they crawl and easily squeeze their way under doors and crevices to get into the house.  8|

The tarantulas are out now. This guy was headed into the garage when my son caught him. He told me that this one is a male because of the 2 extra legs in front. Notice the fangs in the 2nd picture? This one is about 6 or 7 inches across (with it's legs stretched out) and was turned loose in the canyon after the pictures were taken.  :thumbup:

Tarantula1.jpg

Tarantula2.jpg

Tarantula3.jpg

Cool pics.  Yikes I don't like big spiders.  Or ants in large numbers either.  I don't go out of my way to kill either...but if they persist, then it's time for a confrontation.

Last night a mom dropped her 3 kids off for me to watch... 

Here's a pic of one of them:

Kitten1.jpg

This next pic is for Dave (just in case he doesn't get to see one while in AZ). It was trying to get in between the sliding glass door and met with a fast moving sandal!  :)

scorpion1.jpg

Nice pics wey..., and no..., the little black scorpions we have here are small..., just over an inch, I'm glad they don't get to three or four inches

A guy I worked with called those kittens Siman eze  :D  I had a couple of those hard headed siman eze cats they drove me nuts. They got their own ways and no body is going to change them.

Thanks Wey