WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tsegura

ready freddy

Hummmm 150 bucks. Its got stuff in it. Looks like a fair first aid kit. The bag idea is better than my fishing box for carry.

I think I would sooner build my own.

You could put together a pretty nice kit for what they are asking for that one.  If you need some help with a home made kit, browse this site.  There are a ton of tools, first aid kits, packs, water purification products, firestarters, compasses and on and on.  The folks here can help you assymble a kit that WILL keep you alive.  That is, if you have learned to use it properly.

On the pros:  A fairly complete kit, I really like the compartmentalization, and you should still have room to include a few other items.  Overall a pretty good "off the shelf" kit. 

On the cons:  $150.00 is more than I would want to put into it.  BUT:  We all know where/how to cheaply acquire all the items in this kit so we could to put one together.  For a newbie or someone who isn't acquainted will all the places we get our goodies, this would save them time and trouble of putting their own kit together.  Like T said, for the price they could have included a bit more, especially some sort of tinder.

I honestly dislike it, I think that you NEED to put together your own kit so you are aquainted with the items and know how to use them.

I agree!