WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mistwalker

Simple Fishing Kit

Well..., since I was hiking right past Crater Lake today to get some plant pics and the pole was still there, I couldn't resist trying it again. So, lol, two weeks later..., same stick for a pole, same line still tied to it, and same hook sticking in the dead tree beside the pole (I cut it off the line so no-one could snag it and get hooked..., that always hurts), and even the same kind of bait and I got three more bluegill in just a few minutes.

I actually caught them in this order. The open knife is 7 1/2 inches long

Small...

Small.jpg

medium...

medium.jpg

large...

Large.jpg

so..,eight feet of line..., one hook, one stick, and two seperate trips to the lake and eight bluegill... I think

Ya know...,talking to a newly arrived angler at a fishing hole, showing him pics of the three small fish you caught, and then wondering around taking pics gets one some really odd looks when you leave with only a small bag thrown over your shoulder and a small sheath knife on your side. I could hear the words by the look on his face. "Fishing my @$$..., you don't even have a pole or a tackle box  happy097.gif , but..., that's alright..., after the last few "your-freakin-nuts" looks I got I walked back over to where I was fishing and distracted the fish by giving them all of the bait I had left...,free of hooks. With his fancy poles and tackle boxes he still hadn't caught any when I left the area  :harhar:

we see that alot around here. Most people think you have to be "politically correct" to enjoy life. I mean just because you dont do someting the way they do it, or if you are doing something they've never done,  they think of you as being nuts.  wacky078.gif