WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gr8outdrsmn

EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR SURVIVAL

I don't know if anyone else with a dialup is d/l ing these or not, but I'm getting quite a few server errors.  That said, most I've downloaded with the exception of the aforementioned have been complete and well done when read in Adobe.

Most of the ones I've downloaded are very old, and as for the Foxfire books, I already own printed versions of 1 through 7.  I'm not sure what that date is for being before the copyright convention...but these are close.

The blacksmithing texts are showing how to make the old fashioned wagon wheels.

I tried to delete this post, but was unable to because the time period passed that allowed me to modify it.  I have asked Swede to remove this post, but he has not replied yet. If one of the other mods reads this, could you please remove this topic from the board?  I want to remain in compliance with the copyrights. So, please delete this topic for me. Thanks.

Swede is off fishing and should be back in about a week.  I'd suggest that we wait for him to return and make a decision before we delete it.  So far, everything I've downloaded has been earlier than 1923, or a government work.  I'd suggest checking out the copyright link I posted.  Just my opinion.

Sorry guys but copyright laws need to kiss my A#$ 

Let me explain;  as an artist, I've come across some of my things being copied to other sites, and to an extent, I'm protective of it.  As a point of ego, I have an, "it's mine, it's mine it's mine!!!" attitude, just like everyone else, but with great exception.  I am a firm believer that "information, no matter how valuable it is, should be made free and available to the public".  This, for me isn't just a means to justify stealing someone else's work, but is a principal where I feel that everyone has the right to develope their minds, regardless of whether they can afford it or not.

I realize people all want to get rich off of their ideas, but as a humanist, I think the enrichment to the world as a whole is fundamentally more important.  Now, at this point, you may think me a hypocrite, but, for me, the rule is clear.  Take whatever information I post, and use it however you see fit.  Benefit from my work, even copy my paintings to display on your walls if you can't afford to buy the originals. Plajiarism is the most sincere form of flattery.  As I say, enjoy everything I create for your own enjoyment, but don't attempt to capitalize on it, and don't remove my name from the work.  It's not your work to sell or to take credit for.  Absolutely, copy it and give it to as many people as you choose.  Post it all over the www, but don't charge a penny and don't forget who made it.

Besides, we're not hosting the information, we're linking to it.  The laws are clear on that, otherwise the 100+ free movie forums and sites would be long shut down by now.  I love loopholes that are for the people and not for the money men...

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/linking-copyrighted-materials

http://www.dailytech.com/Does+Linking+to+Copyrighted+Material+Infringe+Warner+Says+Yes/article10476.htm

Isn't it funny how everyone's copied 'SOMETHING' illegally, but some of them still side with biased copyright laws?  Politically correct anyone???

/rant

I tried to delete this post, but was unable to because the time period passed that allowed me to modify it.  I have asked Swede to remove this post, but he has not replied yet. If one of the other mods reads this, could you please remove this topic from the board?  I want to remain in compliance with the copyrights. So, please delete this topic for me. Thanks.

We use links all the time, and when I post articles I put them in quotes, and I post the sources and the authors..., there are no grounds for deleting this post

Well..., since it may get deleted, lol, I'm book marking

I won't delete it, and nobody else on the team would either, so I doubt the big guy will choose any differently.  He respects the value of information, otherwise this site wouldn't exist.  We're not breaching any copyright laws anyway, so relax, and enjoy the resource.