WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RovingArcher

Another day, another path, same old camera

I was actually taking a reverse of my usual walk in this section of woods, then I noticed a deer trail.  I followed it for 100ft. or so and came to this wide point.  Looked like a trailhead, so I continued on to see what was down in the ravine below to my left, which is where I figured the trail went to.

P1040381c.jpg

I hadn't walked a couple hundred feet along the path that snaked it's way through some heavy brush and it opened up to this.  This trail slopes down and borders a wetland of sorts.  Lush and green.

P1040382c.jpg

P1040384c.jpg

P1040385c.jpg

This tree is still living.  Probably uprooted last spring, but in this forest, it sometimes doesn't take much for a large, shallow rooted tree to come down.

P1040387c.jpg

Oh oh, end of the line I'm thinking.  I'll check it out anyway.

P1040389c.jpg

To be continued

I try and take my camera when walking this particular wood.  There are a few trails that I have walked and wished I had a camera with me at the time.  When I remember, I'll get some notable shots one of these days or weeks.  Daughter started her final year of nursing school and grandma still works, so I get the 20mo old twin girls and house duty again. :help:  Actually, they are a real blessing in our home, even if they do drive me  wacky115.gif sometimes.  ;)

Thanks MW, those two, as well as the fallen tree are my favs on this trip.  The twins like anything with flowers in them, so I get plenty.  :hugegrin:

tsegura, yeah, it's a very beautiful area.  At one time they had it ready for subdivision.  They were going to build multi million dollar homes for those that could afford them.  The people voted to stop it and they did.  Now it's pretty much been handed over to a group that will try to preserve it. 

It sure is. We don't need multimillion dollar homes anyways :thumbdown:

It has gotten to were they keep building strip malls and let the old one just sit there. Refurbish the old one instead of building new ones.

I was actually taking a reverse of my usual walk in this section of woods, then I noticed a deer trail.  I followed it for 100ft. or so and came to this wide point.  Looked like a trailhead, so I continued on to see what was down in the ravine below to my left, which is where I figured the trail went to.

P1040381c.jpg

I hadn't walked a couple hundred feet along the path that snaked it's way through some heavy brush and it opened up to this.  This trail slopes down and borders a wetland of sorts.  Lush and green.

P1040382c.jpg

P1040384c.jpg

P1040385c.jpg

This tree is still living.  Probably uprooted last spring, but in this forest, it sometimes doesn't take much for a large, shallow rooted tree to come down.

P1040387c.jpg

Oh oh, end of the line I'm thinking.  I'll check it out anyway.

P1040389c.jpg

To be continued

"TO BE CONTINUED"??? Ok Lets continue. Loved the trail pictures, Looks like somewhere I would like to ride my horse? By the way....... Where is it located?