WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Watcherofthewoods

Penn and Teller "Gun Control is Bullsh**"

Guest blacksmith

I will not give up my guns I need them to hunt

I will not give up my guns I need them to hunt

Unfortunately, in order to keep them, we will have to band together and fight for that right.  That is why the 2nd was placed into the Constitution.  In defense of Life, Liberty and property.  Nothing to do with hunting, although it is a given that we use them to feed outselves.

Yeah, despite the recent decision by the Supreme Court, there are still threats of new legislation.  I understand them sometimes--such as when some whacko decides he's gotta shoot up a bunch of folks because the voices in his head told him to.  Of course, when we take their guns they'll start building bombs...

People are going to kill people.  It's a fact of life and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  If it isn't guns, it'd be knives or clubs, or spears.  Last resort, a rock works just fine.  As long as this takes place, there is always a need for self defense and as long as there are people that yern for power over others, there will always be a need to protect ourselves from them.  The founding fathers knew this and so do most folks that own a firearm.

BTW, did ya see where the sale of firearms has gone way up in recent months.  People are smelling what's coming and they are feeling the need to defend and protect.

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/08/090608_web_guns.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=7

And how do you like the Gregg County Democratic Party spokesaman's statement,  "There's soon going to be a discussion in this country about automatic weapons,"?  I guess he thinks we're buying machine guns off the shelf.

I think that a part of the upswing in sales is also due to hurricane season. 

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2008/08/gun_ammo_sales_are_brisk_ahead.html

The gun the "great equalizer". Mankind has always had a violent past. Were the most self destructive animal on the planet.