WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tsegura

Advice on a camp stove

If 2 adults and 3 children, I would go with the first coleman stove.  If 5 adults, a larger stove like the cast iron stove shown, but large enough for 2 large frypans, so everyone can eat together.

If you get the smaller coleman, get a griddle that covers both burners.  You can't beat them for getting the food done and the people fed.

Get yourself the 2 burner propane stove. And use your bulk tank with it. Or use the 1 lb bottles if you need too. But that will be a good addition to the one you already have. So need be you have 4 burners for any type of emergency that comes up. I have a 2 burner coleman and have used it for years. I also have a 1 burner that I use for ice fishing or on short trips. I use both a bulk tank and the 1 lb bottles. I also have a coleman grill that has the griddle plates for it. That is my emergency stove. If there is a long term outage around here again. Like the snowstorm we had in 2006 in October. It came in handy for cooking on along with the extra stove.

The last one is a little more labour intensive, but probably cheaper to run. I know out here a 1gal. can of white gas goes for around $15.00 and the 1lb propane bottles are around $5.00ea.

The last one is a little more labour intensive, but probably cheaper to run. I know out here a 1gal. can of white gas goes for around $15.00 and the 1lb propane bottles are around $5.00ea.

I like the dual fuels....as unleaded gas can be aquired at a lot more places (even syphoned out of a vehicle) than small propane bottles around here. There is even one that comes with a generator for kerosene. The is one single burner that will run off of all those and diesel as well, more options are always better.

Do they make the coleman 2 burner stoves for multi fuels? I know you can get single burners like that from MSR, Primus, and I think Brunton.

Coleman makes a two burner dual fuel that also burn unleaded fuel... but I don't think they make a kero generator for it, I'll have to look into it

Coleman makes a two burner dual fuel that also burn unleaded fuel... but I don't think they make a kero generator for it, I'll have to look into it

I looked and couldn't find one but maybe i didn't look for the right thing ?!

Couldn't find which...a two burner dual fuel or one that burns kero?

One that burns kero although the one you showed me i think i like alot better