WildSurvive Forum
Doro22

Harvest Time at Doro's

Do we just send you our addresses on where to ship the pies?   :hugegrin:  YUMMY!  Nothing beats hot apple pie......which lots of whipped cream and extra sharp cheddar cheese on the side! 

The apples arent peeled.  :dontgetit:  I see the now missing palomino still has his eye on ya.  :hugegrin:  So your the camera girl now.

Ill be right out.  scared011.gif

Do we just send you our addresses on where to ship the pies?    :hugegrin:  YUMMY!  Nothing beats hot apple pie......which lots of whipped cream and extra sharp cheddar cheese on the side! 

Not even chocodiles????

:cry: I want one of those pies!!!!! Make sure you don't let them rest on your window sill, there's this seedy "swede" guy in those parts! :)

Not even chocodiles????

:cry: I want one of those pies!!!!! Make sure you don't let them rest on your window sill, there's this seedy "swede" guy in those parts! :)

They are in different categories.  I would eat Apple Pie as a meal.....chocodiles are dessert.  Heck, who am I kidding, I would eat them both at anytime! 

Do we just send you our addresses on where to ship the pies?    :hugegrin:  YUMMY!  Nothing beats hot apple pie......which lots of whipped cream and extra sharp cheddar cheese on the side! 

I love making pies and if I knew how to box them and send without them spilling all over...........I'd do that. Before I got hurt, I was gonna make a bunch and sell on the Spoon River Scenic Drive for the next two weekends. But _ _ _ _ happens!

Doro, do you just chop them up and stick um in the freezer?

No SK, ....First we peel them and quarter them, then dice them up in asorbic water, (so they dont turn brown). Then rinse them and drain, then add the sugar, cinamon,flour, and nutmeg , enough for each pie in a bowl and then bag them up. Glad I had a willing husband to help with all the peeling. I still have my right arm in a cast, so cant do much cutting with one hand, and naturally I am right handed which makes it even worse. The asorbic water is either ...fruit fresh or lemon water.

The apples arent peeled.  :dontgetit:   I see the now missing palomino still has his eye on ya.   :hugegrin:  So your the camera girl now.

Ill be right out.   scared011.gif

Dont you see Blair peeling them in the second pic?  As for the horses eye..........Its there to .....watch...........YOU..... 8|

Not even chocodiles????

mmmmmmmmmm ......I really hate to say it but............It was a really tasty pie.... :grin:

like I say.......If I could ship without spilling.....I'd make a job out of it. :thumbsup:

Wow, that pie looks delicious, I'd order one!

It is.......................or rather....It was...

hpim3986zt5.jpg

Now that we have some of our fruits and veggies in the freezer from the winter months.......its time to start on the fish....

What is the simplest and fastest way to preserve apples Doro?

It depends on what you want to do with them. There are many varities of apples and the ones to preserve are the cooking ones. You dont want to try to cook up a red delicious as they are only an eating apple.  Anyway to preserve apples is either to make jelly or jam, (I use the sure jell receipe for that)....easy to make!  Or make applesauce, which is also easy, or freeze the apples plain or with pie ingredients in the package. Freezing them plain, you can use to make other dishes,such as cobblers and apple crisp. Let me know what way you want to use your apples. I have the receipes for all that I mentioned plus more.

Your eating apples can be used in salads and main dishes. If you pick apples,store in cool dry place, such as a basement or refrigerator, but dont wash them til you are ready to use them. They will last longer not being washed.

By the way........Did you get my song I sang for your birthday in the campfire thread?

Yup, I got it.

How can I just freeze um plain?

Wash em, peel em, slice em ,. Slice them in the asorbic water and then drain and rinse and bag them up in freezer bags, then put them in the freezer til you are ready to use them.

The asorbic water is either a tablespoon of lemon juice to a couple quarts of cold water or use what is called "fruit fresh" and go by its directions.

They will last up to 3 months in the freezer. :hugegrin: :thumbup:

This is what it looked like trying to get into London Mills yesterday for the Spoon River Scenic Drive....Took one hour to go 6 blooks after turning into town. Couldnt get out of it either after being committed. Very big crowd in town, due to a beautiful day and weather.

spoonriverscenicdriveoctt1.jpg