WildSurvive Forum
Doro22

Harvest Time at Doro's

Picked 3 gallon of black raseberries to make jelly. crushed a gallon for each batch......

For those of you that do not have Black Raseberries in your area... here is what they look like on the vine..

dsc0275v.jpg

dsc0276ia.jpg

Here they are before washing..

dsc0003xk.jpg

Here we are cooking the juice after extracting it from the berries.. Which I cooked it for about 20 minutes on simmer and then put them in a cheese-cloth and hung to drip.

dsc0001vh.jpg

And here are my 3 batches of BlackBerry Jelly.... One pint is already in the frig...

dsc0004me.jpg

Thank you Gandar..... Picking all those apricots and cherries a couple years ago got me started... My apricot tree blew down in the wind last year so dont have anymore of them, but my cherry tree had 14 gallon of cherries, so I made 5 batches of freezer cherry jam and several bags of cherries in the freezer for pies later this year....

Mmmmm, cherries.

What state are you in? Must be a cold one.  Here in FL, we couldn't dream of having a flourishing apple tree.

How many paracord bracelets will you take for one of the blackberry pies?  :party:

I don't know about her...but if I had one of her pies I wouldn't trade it for a truck load of para cord bracelets! I can shut my eyes and still smell and taste them.

Thanks Mist...I dont just make one or two pies anymore now that I know how to freeze and keep them for special occasions... Oh and I dont wear bracelets..... but I would like to have a new ton desiel truck.... :hugegrin:

Mmmmm, cherries.

What state are you in? Must be a cold one.  Here in FL, we couldn't dream of having a flourishing apple tree.

Illinois....... I am sorta a neighbor to Swede......bout a mile, by the way the crow flies......

We picked and harvested 7 gallon of cherries,2gallon of black raseberries,and 1 quart of goose berries yesterday.

Here is Blair picking the cherries

dsc0017ay.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The tree was loaded

dsc0020zu.jpg

dsc0021ff.jpg

Here is the 7 gallon of cherries, 2 gallon of black raseberries, and a quart of goose berries

dsc0025ho.jpg

Washing the fruit

dsc0028qn.jpg

dsc0029u.jpg

Pitting the cherries

dsc0030ywk.th.jpg

The antique cherry pitter

dsc0032td.jpghttp://[/img]

And to the freezer they go

dsc0034ch.jpg

I saw this video earlier out at Doros  :rofll:  The squeaking and the hang ups cracked me up.  happy097.gif 

Guest blacksmith

wow you are doing great just salmon berry here

:clap:  I love this!

Thank you Holly.... most of the time,I like doing it and then there are times I dont...

Doro we had fresh black berry cobler Saturday. You just cant beat it with a big side of ice cream.

Will you send me your receipe? Our BlackBerries are just now coming on..... I need a good cobbler receipe....

Just look at these beautiful BlackBerries.... Doesnt take very many at this size.

This is my first picking and there is plenty more where these came from... I'm

just getting started harvesting them for later use...

dsc0002dy.jpg

dsc0003bt.jpg

dsc0004rm.jpg

By the way.... so far I havent gotten into the poison ivy, picking these berries....  :thumbup:

The ones in full sun didnt do too good but the ones in the shade were a lot better. Evidently hot full sun aint good for black berries.

I made a BlackBerry Cobbler this  morning for the first time... I am going to make another one shortly. Here are the berries I used... some of them are HUGE!

They get bigger in the shade I think.

90574099.jpg

25335858.jpg

99024166.jpg

This is before it was baked...

69245628.jpg

This is after baking....

18978470.jpg

Topped with Blair's famous "homemade ice-cream...yum

43540670.jpg

Closer look

34732747.jpg

Doro that looks awesome! I got that recipe for you. Sounds pretty simple 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup of formula L biscuit flour, and add your blackberries.

Thanks friend... I am getting ready to make another batch...I will use your receipe... its simular to mine...except for biscut flour..