WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WolfTracker

WolfTracker's Pictures

The trail overall was growing back from a heavy burn.  You can also see windfall from past storm damage

DSC00185.JPG

Charred Slash Pine Bark

DSC00192.JPG

A view of the surrounding marshland

DSC00186.JPG

It's everywhere

DSC00191.JPG

Mister Owl was hooting while Mrs. Owl was hiding in a Cabbage Palm

DSC00193.JPG

Gopher Tortoise

DSC00189.JPG

Berries who's name is unbeknown to me

DSC00190.JPG

Had to stop to shoot these

DSC00198.JPG

In all, in spite of the drizzle, it was a really nice hike.  Temps were down to the high 70's today and a small cold front is coming down.  These photos were taken at Okeeheelee Park in West Palm Beach, FL.

Theres only three eared owls. This one is too big for the Screech Owl and the Long Eared Owl isnt found that far south. Its a Great Horned Owl.

Those are fanyastic photos W.T. !! I love the southern palm and palmetto fields and the marshes I used to love to explor them when I lived there. Great pictures of the owl and the tortoise. Never knew what those berries were called, I bet you could take some down to the university and fins out. Really cool pics of the spiders..., but ummm..., if I were you I wouldn't go petting that banana spider.

Thanks, gang.  I might pickup a field guide for the berries.  I was thinking Great Horned, as well.  The dude was *large*.  The Banana Spider's body, minus legs, was about 2" long.  I read that there is a minimal amount of venom in their bite.  Just enough to "adjust your day".

I'm off to the salt mines.  Talk with y'all later.  Did I just say "y'all"?  (the gang in Brooklyn would be howling if they heard that) ;)

WolfTracker, those are some gorgeous pictures.  Isn't it amazing how different the flora and fauna is from state to state?  And all of it is beautiful.  :yes: 

A friend of mine who is terrified of spiders asked me if I could remove the big ones from the bathtub.  I said "Why remove them?  I'll just shoot 'em."  I hope she knows I was teasing! :rofl:

WOW! What great pictures you have there. That first spider is very colorful and different.Never seen berries that color before, but very good pictures.  Take some more....... :cam:

Thanks for the comments, all.  Glad that you liked them.  I'll be sure to bring my camera along on my trips to share.

Tatonka... Thanks for the clarification on the Spiny Orb as I improperly labeled it and cannot edit now.  I knew that an "orb" went somewhere in the name.  I appreciate all of you keeping me honest as I try to describe what I shoot.  I was a freelance nature photographer awhile back.  If you want to see some crazy work, check out my brother's site @ http://maltese.net/indexLen.html.  My side of the site does not have any *real* nature work.  Most of what I had done with the big lens was on film and I never took the time to scan it.  So, the vast majority of my work is sitting in the archives.  Someday, I'll get out there with the digital body and shoot some more stuff.  Right now I just like trekking around with my little 8mp Sony pocket snapshooter.