WildSurvive Forum
taken by the wind...

Les's season Kick off

~ I was really impressed with the first new show!  :thumbup:

Les is getting back into his element. He's showing the side of himself that established his true fan base.  I Liked how he stressed over and over that you don't want to do something stupid when you're alone in the woods (Bear might profit from that advice). He talked about real feelings people have, and how bush panic (not to be confused with the G.W. kind) can really make you do things that may not be smart.

Of course I liked the guitar trap! I have always liked when he uses a creative approach to survival. (even though he didn't get any rats to eat)  Not sure if Les is going to eat this season either.  :unsure:

All in all, I thought it was an excellent show with tons of useful information that the average hiker could remember and use. I liked how he really tested the Search and Rescue team by getting himself really really lost.

I don't think I've ever seen a show of his that integrates Search and rescue into his lessons. What to do when they DO find you etc.

I give it five out of five Hoots!  :thumbsup:

Excellent show, indeed.  IMO, the best yet as it was more relative to what the "average" person outdoors might encounter in the bush.  I do not think that I may ever be in the Kalahari Desert.

The new Survivorman season has begun on the discovery chanel with Les in the Serra Nevada's. Beautiful country and hes a camper who gets lost. He demonstrates how the search and rescue (SAR) teams work to find lost people.

I loved his emphasis on being extra careful when your alone and especially if your lost. Contrary to how Grylls charges head long through the wilderness.

I give the show 10  moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif moose0024.gif

I saw Brian Brewsters name along with Wendy Turners name in the credits. (Woodsman) and Wendy.Now Wendy Brewster.

Yup, I saw um too in the credits.

Watched it last night with my friends, I was impressed with him through the show.  No "I don't think I can do this" he is back to being "The Man"

This is the last season, so I hope its a good one!

Yup, I saw um too in the credits.

Watched it last night with my friends, I was impressed with him through the show.  No "I don't think I can do this" he is back to being "The Man"

This is the last season, so I hope its a good one!

Hey SK......did you get your fire started with your bowdrill in the allotted time of 15 minutes for your friends???  8|

loved it learned alot for him too bush panic is so easy to get into, go to your zen state loved the SAR part and the tent. yes I give it 10 :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel:

hope more t.v. show though different stuff for him, he said something about a series about explores that would be a good thing to watch I love learning about explorers. :fly:

~ I like the specials he has done. (Like the one after Katrina). Those have to be easier since he doesn't have to film them himself.

He's also hosted shark week several times. :hugegrin:

I doubt he's disappearing from the scene. Maybe just doing easier work. He's pushed his luck lots of times, and with todays dumbed-down audience of thrill watchers, his days selling this type of show are numbered. People I know at work zipped right by it because they thought it was boring. Just goes to show you that the average American has the attention span of a two year old :glare:   :thumbdown:

It was painful to watch that man try to use that fly rod.  :nono:  Much to my surprise I actually saw him catch a fish. I knew if I watched him long enough Id finally see him catch one. Heres a tip on fly rods and King will probably agree. Try to get the wind behind you and not try to cast into the wind.Theres a tremendous difference.

I like the way he stresses mental toughness. I think in survival thats the most important thing to keep under control. Plus just how difficult it is to find food. If he didnt have information for the area he was in he would be in greater danger. Thats good advice to any of us to be prepared before entering an area where we are unfamiliar.

I enjoyed watching him hook the camera... something I most likely would have done as well... :)

The hiker lost scenario+SAR was a great idea, and a good show, I really enjoyed it. I was a little surprised he didnt try making snares from the strings thou.....

Sad that this is his last season. I understand it, but I am going to miss his shows.

~ Les Caught some fish tonight!  He ATE he ATE!  I saw it with my own eyes!                      :bounce:

:cheers: :clap:

At least this time he had extra food to take back for the crew. Thats another first. My old body would be stuck in position if I had to sit in that shelter for 9 hours.  :'(

Yeah, but wait... he has caught rats, a turtle, a RATTLESNAKE... dont those count? Especially since he didnt have a Turtle or Rat or snake kit.....

No, it has always been the thing that when he was out he never was able to catch fish. Now he is catching fish and plenty of them.

I love them so far the first serria Navada was wonderful the mental asspects of survival is key, and Coldorado is great dora I thought of you and your horses I hope you carry a fly rod on your rides. loved the colorful side of his, and the Artice one of his best loved watching catch fish and get all excited and gutting them was great. great season he is going out with a bang.

This episode was the best of this season so far... 4 HUGE fish :)

even one would have been enough... theguy was so happy he couldn't stop laughing :)

I wish he would have done this through out the other first 2 seasons. Now it is getting more into the aspects od survival and carrying some kit with you.