WildSurvive Forum
Joezilla

Survivorman no more

~ Les Stroud created Survivorman. I don't think anybody has the legal right to go "looking for a replacement."   :arigato:

He says he's "moving on to other things". The man is 47 years old. It's got to be taking a toll on him. He's a creative individual. I think he's feeling like he's done all he can do with this idea. He's been in every environment on earth. He can't stretch it much further. It IS time to move on.  :thumbup:

The end of Survivorman, the show? It had to happen.

The end of Survivorman, the man?  As If.....    :smoke:

(I think the average American Channel surfer, surfs right by him. They don't watch anything to learn. They watch to be entertained...) Kudos to Les for not selling out to the morons who watch Bear.

I can't wait to see what his next project will be. And I tell ya, if Survivorman is going home, and getting ready to survive off the grid, that should be a signal to us all.  8|

he was 47!!!! wowee. Yet another reason to like that guy.

I could never do the survivorman thing. It would be too much like jackass meets survivorman.

and bear already does that.  8|

I'd rather be left hungry for more, than to watch something get played out and pathetic.  Good on Les.  Being entrepreneurial as he is, perhaps something good will arrive in short order.

I did not get to see Friday nights show,but my son enjoyed it enough to call me at work Friday night to tell me all about it. Sounds like it was one of his best ideas yet (trying to survive while trying to be found). Looks  to be a very good last season!

3 seasons is alot on this subject. At least he is going out in style. And like he said he don't get the luxury of staying in hotels when he does his show.

I can understand his decision.  The physical toll must be pretty high, and he's getting no younger.  He's accomplished alot with the series, and maybe we'll see an occasional special, as Bestseller mentioned.

~ Les Stroud created Survivorman. I don't think anybody has the legal right to go "looking for a replacement."  :arigato:

He says he's "moving on to other things". The man is 47 years old. It's got to be taking a toll on him. He's a creative individual. I think he's feeling like he's done all he can do with this idea. He's been in every environment on earth. He can't stretch it much further. It IS time to move on.  :thumbup:

The end of Survivorman, the show? It had to happen.

The end of Survivorman, the man?  As If.....    :smoke:

(I think the average American Channel surfer, surfs right by him. They don't watch anything to learn. They watch to be entertained...) Kudos to Les for not selling out to the morons who watch Bear.

I can't wait to see what his next project will be. And I tell ya, if Survivorman is going home, and getting ready to survive off the grid, that should be a signal to us all.  8|

couldn't say it any better. :pray: