WildSurvive Forum
Joezilla

How to find fatwood Video

Great video Woods Monkey Joe. I loved seeing you run around in the woods beating on stuff with your happy bat.  wacky078.gif    :D

Would you just use fat wood primarily for fire starting and not cooking?

nooo don't use it for cooking, it puts the resin all over your poor pot and you would have sappy tasting meat if you cooked it to close...don't ask me how I know that though :P

also You tube screwed it up and I had to edit it and make it more grainy, not to mention I was using the video feature on the camera.

Dam good job making that more grainy.  :thumbup: I thought it was grainy enough to begin with.  :unsure:

Great video juss wish I had watched or read this post before I went to my local Walmart and payed $6.50 usd for 5 lbs. of fatwood ok ok maybe your right Iam to lazy I'd rather pay the 6.50 usd  ::) :hugegrin:

I did both Shadow and Ill admit it was much easier to buy some than to all that chopping.  gen165.gif    :D

Growing up we called it pine heart. I just recently heard it called fatwood. (year or so) I am 39 now and most of the time I still call it pine heart. It lights great and it takes a lot to put it out once its started burning.