WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fish

WE HAVE MADE FIRE!!!!!!!

being a nice Saturday morning two of my boys,jack 6 and Ben 4,an i decided to do a bit of bush-craft learning in the woods.with the sun on our backs off we set with the longdog and Collie. we soon arrived and set about finding silver birch tinder and some dry chestnut for kindling.

DSC02177.jpg

with the addition of some tallow shavings the tinder soon caught after jacks 5 strikes of the flint,whilst Ben cut kindling.

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02180.jpg

soon with a bit of blowing we had fire!

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

they thoroughly enjoyed their time and learned a life saving skill.next time they insist we have to kill some critter to cook!

Thats quite a neat tool you got there with the antler thingy.

Kids and fire on a bed of dry leaves.  :scared:  Looks like and accident waiting to happen.  :P  I hope those leaves were wet.  :D

everything was wet there so i built the fire on a soggy log out of the mud! it was put out properly before we left! :thumbsup:

Fish, the pics are wonderful!  It's really good to see you spending quality time with your kids like that. 

its the good thing about working from home,ime allways there for them,tomorrow we are going to catch trout!

Looks like the kids were having a great time out there. Too bad more parents dont do that sorta thing with their kids......lots of them too busy playing with electronics and not getting enough activity elsewhere. Those boys looks like they are gonna be heartbreakers when they grow up....Good lookin boys there........... :thumbup: