WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Winter Wonder Land Photos

Saturday it was -17c, which I believe is 0f, -28c with the wind chill. I went out for a walk anyway, man it was tough trudging throu that snow. I wanted to go and see if the tee-pee I made earlier tis summer was still standing.

It sure was pretty this morning.

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

...and it was still there. Even after hunting season, it didn't seem to have been discovered.

DSC01985.jpg

I like the way the snow sticks to the trees and branches. It looked deep too. 46 F there huh? Well that would be a heatwave here, as it was only 5 degrees F this morning when I got up and it got up to a whooping 10 degrees F for the high today............. :sad:

2848xx5.gif

Normally at this time of year we are at the same temps as you Doro. This is just an abnormal warm spell we are having.

I like the way the snow sticks to the trees and branches. It looked deep too. 46 F there huh? Well that would be a heatwave here, as it was only 5 degrees F this morning when I got up and it got up to a whooping 10 degrees F for the high today............. :sad:

2848xx5.gif

Man I thought the low 20's were bad, you all can keep those artic temps up north.

Some time in January we should be hitting the -20'sc or -4'sf. And thats without the wind chill. :hugegrin:

shrek, the pics are beautiful!  I got chilly just looking at them! :woot:  I really love the bluish light in the woods.  It looks so hushed and so still...

Eight degree morning looking out my kitchen window>

moon002qz1.jpg

Wow, cool picture..., and it's not even officially winter yet.

Saturday it was -17c, which I believe is 0f, -28c with the wind chill. I went out for a walk anyway, man it was tough trudging throu that snow. I wanted to go and see if the tee-pee I made earlier tis summer was still standing.

It sure was pretty this morning.

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

...and it was still there. Even after hunting season, it didn't seem to have been discovered.

DSC01985.jpg

Awesome pictures of the snowy scenery I sure hope we get some....., as for that -28c crap, lol, better you than me bro. I ventured above the mason/dixon line once during the winter...it would take a serious need for me to do that again...I'd like to see it in a warmer season next time around :)

The cold is great, as long as you have a place to warm up. Not a lot of people like to venture out in the cold so you tend to have the place to your self.

The cold is great, as long as you have a place to warm up. Not a lot of people like to venture out in the cold so you tend to have the place to your self.

Lol, I'll take the fog over the cold any day....lol, people are always affraid to venture out into the mists too, it's like they think something will eat them or something.

My back yard at night>

yard004ol6.jpg

What made those tracks?

We seem to have open range for dog owners here in our town. The best is when they come to take a dip in your water garden, use your yard for a bathroom, tree squirrels out side your bed room window at daylight things like that and stuff.  :curse:

Our cabin on the way to feed the birds. See all the deer tracks in the snow. They come down every year looking for shell corn I put out. I didnt have any out so they beat the rest of the life out of one of my spruce trees.

snow2001ig2.jpg

Down the trail past the cabin>

snow2002ch5.jpg

The timber south of the cabin>

snow2003hm1.jpg

snow2004zg7.jpg

snow2006af7.jpg

By the front gate at the cabin>

snow2007dq7.jpg

The view from our west fence at the farm. Set aside ground where the brown is>

snow2011dj9.jpg

Nice pics. :thumbsup: Sorry to here about the ice though. :(  I'd rather have a foot of snow, than any ice. 8|

I really like that squirrel picture. :thumbup:  Thats one animal I wish I could gets some pics of myself. :pray:

Nice pictures Swede.....and here are some of mine.

appletreeandgrapevinesnm8.jpg

It will only let me download one photo..... censored.gif