WildSurvive Forum
Rockhounder

What's For Dinner Tonight?

~      just wait until he's rough-housing with baby girl one night... playing around!  :whistle:

The mutt won't know he's playing, and Bigblue's gonna see who's side that dog is on!   happy061.gif

(Happened to my dad once...  I was four and he was playing mean ole monster with me... I was screaming and running from him and he was growling... and along came the dog................)   :nono:    :rofl:

Yep...saw my sister-in-law's dog back her back into the house one day when she was yelling at my niece and moving toward her. Todie backed her right back in the house with bared teeth.

Yep...saw my sister-in-law's dog back her back into the house one day when she was yelling at my niece and moving toward her. Todie backed her right back in the house with bared teeth.

~ My dog Pippit is a shepherd mix, she's very protective of my kids. She goes into their rooms every night and checks them before she lays down in the hallway. She won't sleep in anyone's room, she sleeps in the family room. (Oh... I guess that's my room) LOL!  :P

Why is it dogs always gravitate toward the women. My Labrador Thor used to spend all day in my neighbor's yard...not that I blame him April was really pretty and all but darn it I was the one feeding and bathing him and taking him for rides in my truck. Shoot..., I'd holler for him and he'd look over at April to see if she was going to offer something better or something

Well since this is a new day, Last night was an annual get together for the Search and Rescue team to kick off the new year, This year it was a Mexican Potluck dinner.

There was five different kinds of enchiladas, chicken burritos, Mexican Jambalaya, some really good Mexican gumbo with rice, tortillas, a chef salad with mixed fresh greens and avocados and for desert four kinds of cake and margarita pie. Myself and two of the other single guys on the team took chips and salsa and we managed to take completely different brands so there was variety.

I have some serious heart burn this morning. but it was all very good.

Last night was hash.  Take as many potatoes as you feel like peeling and cutting up, a diced onion and boil until it's nearly potato soup.  Take ground beef--again decide just how much you want, brown and drain, and then add it to the potatoes with some seasoning (whatever you like, this time we used Creole seaoning, chives, and garlic) and cook it down.  Cornbread is great with it, homemade bread even better.  If you make the big kettle full you'll have leftovers for a day or two, but in this weather it's a comfort food.

Hi there KB...I never liked hash as a kid...so have never fixed it my whole married life( 46yrs+.) But you have made the homemade version sound pretty good. I just may try it. Thanks.... :thumbup:

We had what I call garbage eggs. Basicaly its scrambled eggs with som of the left over meet such as chicken turkey or stears or all 3 and some vegies seasoning asd scramble it all up in the same pan

Tonight is grilled hamburgers (might as well start the grill up, it's 75F today!) tater tots and corn on da cob!

I mixed a little bleu cheese in the burgers with some garlic salt. Kids like em that way.

THen some peach cobbler to top it all off!

Last night was hash.  Take as many potatoes as you feel like peeling and cutting up, a diced onion and boil until it's nearly potato soup.  Take ground beef--again decide just how much you want, brown and drain, and then add it to the potatoes with some seasoning (whatever you like, this time we used Creole seaoning, chives, and garlic) and cook it down.  Cornbread is great with it, homemade bread even better.  If you make the big kettle full you'll have leftovers for a day or two, but in this weather it's a comfort food.

We used to make a rabbit hash with almoste the same recipe but add some diced carrots....in camp we'd make it in a five gallon pot and that would last allfive of us a couple of days. In a grove of trees for a windbreak just off of a cold riverside it was definitely a comfort food.

I threw a beef roast in the crock pot with whole potatoes baby carrots and chopped onions. Sprinkled with OLd Bay seasoning.

Tonight is grilled hamburgers (might as well start the grill up, it's 75F today!) tater tots and corn on da cob!

I mixed a little bleu cheese in the burgers with some garlic salt. Kids like em that way.

THen some peach cobbler to top it all off!

We have a store that sells "100% pure" angus pre-made that way..they call them black and blue cheese burgers and they look pretty good. I'm gonna have to make some of those one day.

I threw a beef roast in the crock pot with whole potatoes baby carrots and chopped onions. Sprinkled with OLd Bay seasoning.

Crock pots are awesome aren't they.

Oh by the way Lisa made a big pot of spaghetti last night and we ate leftovers tonight. Maybe some slow cooked roat mutton tomorrow night.

I enjoy cooking as we'll I find it to be verry relaxing I enjoy bbq the most altough im an amature of the amature bbqers but do know to never you a gas grill for bbq

Hillbilly, bbq'ing is a skill that can never be mastered! It's a constant learning quest. Ask Blue, I think he may have my same sentiment. That's why men have dogs, cause if the cooking goes south, the dogs eat good that night!

I've had pinto beans in the crock pot all day, so tonight will be:

Refried beans, Spanish rice, and carne asada (just marinated skirt steak) with some chili verde. I melt asadero cheese in the chili verde to give it some consistency.

-or- if I stay late and finish this report......take out pizza.