WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mistwalker

Watch If You Treasure Your 2nd Amendment Right To Bear Arms

Maybe....in the U.K. you would be breaking the law just by carrying that Air Ranger, or some multitools in public

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

It has already come to that:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24989787

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/05/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Knife-Crime.php

Some of the British papers speak of a "knife culture" among some of the youth gangs.  Some of our members from the UK could give us their input about crime stories from the British papers and news outlets.  The link Mist provided shows why so many of us refuse to give in on new firearms legislation.  The anti's like to speak of "compromise" but they don't know the meaning of the word.  If they take something they should offer something in return, that's compromise.  Instead they would like to take semi-autos today, and then take pumps tomorrow.

Yep, there was rumor that the UK was going to ban pointed knives, because of all the steak and paring knives being used to poke people.  Mostly by the non citizens, like here in the states, but the citizens gotta put up with the garbage.

If the people here in America give up any of their firearms, you will see freedom ending facism rear it's ugly head in no time at all.  It is already here, but the new restrictive laws will overwhelm us and before you know it, we'll be slaves to a police state.  It's happened too many times in other countries, to believe anything else can happen here.

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country." --Adolf Hitler,

~ here is a direct quote from Obama on gun control:

"I believe in the Second Amendment, and if you are a law-abiding gun owner you have nothing to fear from an Obama administration," Obama said. "This has been peddled again and again. Here's what I believe: The Second Amendment is an indvidual right. . . people have the right to bear arms. But I also believe there is nothing wrong with some common-sense gun safety measures.

The bottom line is this: You got a rifle, you got a shotgun, you got a gun in your house, I'm not taking it away," Obama said. "They can keep on talking about it, but it's just not true."

That doesn't sound like a president who wants to make it his first priority to collect all the guns. :thumbdown:

Hell, I don't think ANY president wants to take on THAT issue. :unsure:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/09/obama_and_guns_not_going_to_me.html

However, Gun confiscation DID occur during the Bush administration, when law abiding homeowners were forced to give up the only protection they had against looters and lawlessness, in a forsaken town. Here is one of dozens of videos documenting the fact.

the National Guard disarmed hundreds of citizens after Hurricane Katrina, who were doing nothing but protecting their homes. They didn't touch the criminals running away with stolen T.V.'s and shooting at law officers though.

I'm sick of people playing "Pin the gun control on the donkey." :glare:

Not that I'm EITHER OR. I'm just a watcher in the woods.

~ The day we give up our constitutional rights is the day we can kiss our butts good-bye.

and Yeah I am.... lol

I don't think the Powers that be, will push their will on you men. They are already pushing their normal rules on your children though. Letting dogs sniff our kids and our kids lockers and backpacks during school....   8|

Is that not giving up a right?   :unsure:   These folks are not stupid. They work in subtle ways. I've heard die hard hunting republican rebel flag waving sons of guns saying "I'm GLAD they bring those dogs into the schools! They find DOPE that way. Only the bad people have something to worry about."

Really now? :smoke:

Open your eyes. Same thing with routine road blocks, and car searches. All to protect US.

I never said anything about Obama taking our guns. I did however see a television interview with Biden where he said "gun control was an issue who's time had come" but who the hell knows exactly what this means. However historically speaking, and largely thanks to actions by the Federal Government during a not to distant Democratic Administration, a lot of people tend to get nervous when the Dems start tossing this subject around, but that wasn't even where I was going with this.

Mainly I just thought the video shows interesting results in the areas where stiff gun controls, or stiff "weapons" controls in general, have been enforced. I think it great evidence of that gun control has no direct effect on the violence of man. Man is inherently violent, it's genetic..(hence war.). I find the actions of the judicial system in the video curious and questionable. I would think If this line of logic is followed out people shall some day not even be deemed competent enough to own a tire tool and have no choice but to call and pay a certified professional with a "lawful right" to posses said tool  if they get a flat tire. This list could go on but I won't go on a long diatribe, it doesn't take much thought to follow that out.

By the way Travis, excellent quote...I thought that one to myself more than once during a previous administration.

Right now, the Senate is nearly divided 60/40 giving the Democrats a big majority.  Sen. Feinstein, Shumer, et al have worked diligently against our rights in the past, I see no reason to believe that will change now.  As for the new Pres and Vice Pres, they also have shown their true feelings in the past:

"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."

U.S. Senator Joseph Biden, 11/18/93, Associated Press interview

As for Obama?

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."

Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:

a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.

b. ban assault weapons? Yes.

c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok

Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

Source: 2008 Politico pre-Potomac Primary interview Feb 11, 2008

Wikipedia lists the following:

Gun control

As a state legislator in Illinois, Obama supported banning the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic firearms, increasing state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms and requiring manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.[231]

In 1996, during Obama's run for the Illinois State Senate, he was surveyed by a Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois about criminal justice and other issues. Obama's questionnaire showed that he supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns. Subsequently, Obama denied that his writing was on the document and said that he never favored a ban on the sale and possession of handguns.[232][233] In 1999, he urged prohibiting the operation of any gun store within five miles of a school or park, which according to gun-rights advocates would eliminate gun stores from most of the inhabited portion of the United States.[234] He sponsored a bill in 2000 limiting handgun purchases to one per month.

As state senator, he voted against a 2004 measure that allowed self-defense as an affirmative defense for those charged with violating local laws making it otherwise unlawful for such persons to possess firearms.[235] He also voted against allowing persons who had obtained domestic violence protective orders to carry handguns for their protection.[234]

From 1994 through 2002, Obama was a board member of the Joyce Foundation, which amongst other non-gun related activities provides funds for gun control organizations in the United States.[236][237]

While in the U.S. Senate, Obama has supported several gun control measures, including restricting the purchase of firearms at gun shows and the reauthorization of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.[238] Obama voted against legislation protecting firearm manufacturers from certain liability suits, which gun-rights advocates say are designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.[239] Obama did vote in favor of the 2006 Vitter Amendment to prohibit the confiscation of lawful firearms during an emergency or major disaster, which passed 84-16.[240]

During a February 15, 2008 press conference, Obama stated, "I think there is an individual right to bear arms, but it's subject to commonsense regulation."[241] Obama has also stated his opposition to allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms[242] and supports a national law outlawing the practice,[243][244] saying on Chicago Public Radio in 2004 "I continue to support a ban on concealed carry laws".[245]

Obama initially voiced support of Washington, D.C.'s handgun ban. Following the Supreme Court decision that the ban was unconstitutional, he revised his position in support of the decision overturning the law, saying, "Today's decision reinforces that if we act responsibly, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe."[246] He also said, in response to the ruling, "I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms... The Supreme Court has now endorsed that view." [247]

After being elected as President, Obama announced that he favors measures that respect Second Amendment rights, while at the same time keeping guns away from children and criminals. He further stated that he wants to close the gun-show loophole and make guns childproof, and that he supports reinstating the expired Assault Weapons Ban and making it permanent.[248]

As I've said elsewhere, the new administration will have its hands full with the economy, the Middle East, immigration, and other issues.  That doesn't mean that there won't be a huge attempt to push forward all the new legislation that the anti's have been dreaming about for years.   I know that there are those who disagree that the new Pres will take time to deal with these issues, but his party may not give him alot of choice, IMO.