WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kentucky Bob

It's Broken In Now.....

My new car is officially broken in!  A young kid came around the curve in my lane and side-swiped me, but no one was hurt and he had insurance.  (He said, "This is my first accident!"  I told him, "Don't let it bother you, we all get to enjoy the feeling sometime.")

1001450zg6.jpg

w800.png

1001451xb4.jpg

w800.png

1001452pg2.jpg

w800.png

1001453ww9.jpg

w800.png

1001454pk7.jpg

w600.png

And look at what it did to his truck:

1001455qv3.jpg

w800.png

1001456wf9.jpg

w800.png

The only thing I can figure that did the damage to the fender was his rear tire and wheel.  The long scratch/dirt streak on the truck is the height of my side-view mirror.  Look just behind the wheel well of his truck, that may be the mark of my fender.

lots of peoplehit old carsSwede, they are made of metal, and the damage is usually nothing!!!

That first big dent alway hurts the worst! Sorry about your car KB. (on the bright side at least your trunk should not leak with this one)

happy097.gif  You can bet your @ss McElroy won't get a shot at fixing this one!! 

Ouchie. No body hits an old car Bob.  :D

Ain't that the truth!

I'll have to post some pics of my Tracker so you don't feel alone Bob. happy100.gif

Yeah, I was curious as to whether the hood was going to be hard to fix.  Is the metal creased?

The hood won't be hard to fix.  It's just a small dent and it's right on the edge of the hood.  My buddy has been painting cars for close to 40years and he says it will only take him a couple hours to fix.

Good.  I was worried that the hood had a sort of vertically placed "hair-lip" in it.

happy097.gif  Now that you mention it, it does kinda look like it has a hair lip! happy097.gif

It might be safer walking around there KB.

Maybe you should look into a used presidential vehicle. Wouldn't have to worry about stray gunshots and body damage would be greater on the ones that hit you

But in all reality that sucks that you got hit.

Check it out guys.  This is the front of my tracker after I attemtped to pull a car out of a ditch.  Their rear stabilizer bar came shooting across the road when I pulled and it plowed into me.

dsc01022xq4.jpg

dsc01021va3.jpg

[

this is actually from the week before when my dad backed into me in my yard.  Note the zip tie to hold the inner liner in place :woot:

dsc01024mp7.jpg